lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-21-2016, 12:21 PM   #1
Yert42
Not Yet Wild

Default G16 need front shocks

I just got a g16 and put a jake double a arm lift on it and the front shocks are to long so I got to looking at them and they are actually the rear shocks on the front and the the rear shocks on the cart are air shocks the reason I'm saying they are to long is bc my tires are like this \ / and the suspension is super tight so what I'm asking is, should I buy own front shocks or should I buy some 12" better shocks bc what I read on here is that the front shocks don't hold up good thanks
Yert42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-21-2016, 02:29 PM   #2
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Default Re: G16 need front shocks

You can try to find something that might work, or get the OEM which will work.
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 11:18 AM   #3
Yert42
Not Yet Wild

I was thinking about these that come off of a Harley

https://www.ebay.com/itm/282226340153

What are y'alls thoughts?
Old 12-22-2016, 05:13 PM   #4
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Stock G16 front shocks are 10".
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 10:36 AM   #5
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

10.5" shocks for a Sportster "Hugger" can be used, the cart will sit fine even with the 1/2" difference because the preload is softer on those than the stock ones so they will compress a bit more. The bushings are a bit larger on the Sporty shocks, so You'll either have to replace the bushings in the shocks or hog out the mounting holes on the frame and swingarm a tad to get them on.

Also, there are several companies on Ebay selling Nitrogen-reservoir shocks for around $100 a set that are a good replacement for the rear shocks if You want a slightly better ride, You'll want to go about an inch longer than stock though, again to compensate for the lower preload (the good news is they have plenty of adjustment so You can set the ride height and preload easily to fit your cart and needs) ... Here's a pic of the shock next to a stock set as well as a set on a cart:

DSCN0931.jpg

DSCN0930.jpg
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 05:41 PM   #6
Yert42
Not Yet Wild

Ok so stock front shocks are 10.5"? Do y'all know what the rears measure and what kind are the rear shocks you put on yours and do you have a rear seat too with them shocks?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha