lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-22-2021, 11:08 AM   #1561
dam234
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Programming Curtis Controller

Hello.
I wanted to create a Curtis interface.

I programmed the FT232 chip and changed the VID and PID.

after launching the software, a message pops up

"The application is not fully configured. Please connect the 1309 USB interface and restart application again."

I tested on version 4.6.10 and 4.6.7

I added an IAL entry to the registry and still the same

Any advice?
dam234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-22-2021, 07:37 PM   #1562
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by dam234 View Post
Hello.
I wanted to create a Curtis interface.

I programmed the FT232 chip and changed the VID and PID.

after launching the software, a message pops up

"The application is not fully configured. Please connect the 1309 USB interface and restart application again."

I tested on version 4.6.10 and 4.6.7

I added an IAL entry to the registry and still the same

Any advice?
Did you follow the instructions to write the entire interface EEPROM before running the software? If not, you'll get the error you are getting.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 02:03 PM   #1563
nonomac4
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
Bob, I have a Curtis 1232 on my crappy Star, and was wondering if I could get on your list. I live in NE Ga.
nonomac4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 04:17 PM   #1564
DaveMJ
Gone Wild

Club Car

Just started to investigate programming of Curtis controllers and quite frankly getting very confused. There's so much information out there that it's overwhelming.

I do not want to be writing/modifying code or changing registry entries on my laptop. I just want something that I can plug in and use.

I found this listing on eBay.

What would this set up allow me to do and what would it not allow me to do? Would I be able to tweak parameters and get some more speed out of systems?
DaveMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 05:16 PM   #1565
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveMJ View Post
Just started to investigate programming of Curtis controllers and quite frankly getting very confused. There's so much information out there that it's overwhelming.

I do not want to be writing/modifying code or changing registry entries on my laptop. I just want something that I can plug in and use.

I found this listing on eBay.

What would this set up allow me to do and what would it not allow me to do? Would I be able to tweak parameters and get some more speed out of systems?
You would only be able to access and alter parameters at up to OEM level. In other words, the speed will still be limited by the upper limits as defined within the VCL. A Dealer level programmer can do that, with less risk to the controller. OEM level can allow you to totally mess up your controller if you do not know what you are doing, because you can alter calibrations that must be correct for the controller to function properly. Obviously, there are no tutorials that can guide you one way or another. Keep in mind, altering even 1 parameter will alter the controllers checksum. If you get a checksum failure message, that's what occured. Once that happens, it will have to be reflashed back to a 100% stock file in order to perform any advanced programming functions. If it fails to communicate, you've corrupted the controller. I recover corrupted controllers quite often. People desperate for more speed will let just about anyone plug in and mess with the settings in their controllers! Sometimes it costs them the price of a new controller, because a corrupted controller can be electronically damaged by that corruption.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 08:38 PM   #1566
JucaTec
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
A few years back I made a post about how many of each level that were available. There were way more than a dozen! The steps are Service, Dealer, OEM, Factory, and Development. Each of those has multiple versions that are slightly different in the blend of capabilities. When you didn't stay in contact, I figured you had found what you were looking for...
Hi Bob.

After a few years, I would like to know if you have news about Curtis Developer mode, Software newer than 4.6.10? SAL, IAL and EEPROM Factory and Developer?

I am using 4.6.10 software in Factory mode and 1309 Homebrew, on another PC 4.6.10 software in OEM mode and 1309 clone.

Please PM.

Thanks.
JucaTec
JucaTec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 09:39 AM   #1567
ldo2626
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
You can PM usgicollector about a 350 Amp controller, as he has a source that is a lot less expensive than E-Z-GO online. There is no aftermarket controller that is truly rated for 350 Amps AC that will work for the RXV. The Navitas "rating" for it would be 1050 Amps. LOL

It'll cost a lot more than a little money to do it right. Gone are the days of the homemade 1309 type interfaces and the adapted serial cables. Curtis has moved on to more advanced software and OSs with multiple protocols, and all of that in a single hardware device. The highest access level obtainable with the new hardware/software is OEM, hardly worth the expense. My solution was rather unique, as I have experience writing controller OSs and programming software.
Hi Bob, I got a new cart and am wondering how far down the rabbit hole of reprogramming I should go. It tops out about 23 mph and I'd only like about 5 more but don't want to do anything that would reduce the life of the motor or controller. Here's what I'm working with:
  • Cutis Controller 1232SER-5422 (48V, 400A) - it's strange because I can't find anything about this model on the Curtis website
  • MAHLE 3 Phase AC motor AMT7193 (30V, 5kW, DC48V Class:H, S2=60min)
  • 23" tires

If I could get more and install a switch for M1 and M2 I'd be interested in that. I wish I lived closer and I'd have you do the work so I know it's right but I think I'd run out of juice trying to make the trip from St. Louis
ldo2626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 12:42 PM   #1568
nonomac4
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldo2626 View Post
Hi Bob, I got a new cart and am wondering how far down the rabbit hole of reprogramming I should go. It tops out about 23 mph and I'd only like about 5 more but don't want to do anything that would reduce the life of the motor or controller. Here's what I'm working with:
  • Cutis Controller 1232SER-5422 (48V, 400A) - it's strange because I can't find anything about this model on the Curtis website
  • MAHLE 3 Phase AC motor AMT7193 (30V, 5kW, DC48V Class:H, S2=60min)
  • 23" tires

If I could get more and install a switch for M1 and M2 I'd be interested in that. I wish I lived closer and I'd have you do the work so I know it's right but I think I'd run out of juice trying to make the trip from St. Louis
Do you have a STAR? My Star has the same controller and I used the programmer to get it to 28-30. It works perfectly.
nonomac4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 01:57 PM   #1569
ldo2626
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonomac4 View Post
Do you have a STAR? My Star has the same controller and I used the programmer to get it to 28-30. It works perfectly.
I hadn't seen the STAR brand before but it looks VERY similar to their SIRIUS Lifted model. I assume they come from the same place in China :). Mine is a Dynamic Carts, the Enforcer Limo model.
Old 07-01-2021, 04:30 PM   #1570
ldo2626
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonomac4 View Post
Did you do anything special or just use the handheld programmer with OEM access?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts