lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-25-2022, 03:09 AM   #1
igolf2much2
Not Yet Wild

Default 2018 electrical diagram with EFI will not crank

Sorry new at this . My 2018 gas club car does not crank need wire diagram to find the problem. It’s no where on line .
igolf2much2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-25-2022, 12:09 PM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: 2018 electrical diagram with EFI will not crank

Search for Illustrated Parts List and you'll find the diagram in there.

General No crank testing is to check Battery voltage first. Check for solenoid operation.
Does the solenoid clunk when pressing the pedal? If NO check for 12v on the solenoid small terminals with Key On. Should have voltage on both terminals. The Blue wire is 12v from the key sw.
Orange wire is the negative side which has to go through the Maintenance switch, FnR switch, and Throttle switch. If you have voltage on Both sides of the solenoid small posts, voltage it should drop off of the Orange wire when you press the pedal with the FnR in F or R and Maint sw in RUN, Or in Neutral if the Maint switch is in the Maint position.
Failures of those are unlikely but the most common would probably be the throttle switch or the maintenance switch. Flip the Maint switch back and forth a few times and see if anything changes. If voltage still does not drop off then you will need to start checking each of those switches.

The solenoid on these sits in a tray next to the battery and the bottom of the solenoid is prone to rust and corrosion. I replaced one last year that the bottom had completely fallen out of and the core sprung out when I took the screws out to remove it. So if you have NO solenoid clunk check the solenoid over, and remove it to check if the bottom has rusted out.

If the solenoid DOES Clunk when you press the pedal then check for 12v getting to the starter generator on the White cable. Check the ground cable and connections on the starter gen, and also check the ground cable connection to the frame which is kinda below the battery tray and is prone to corrosion.
If you have 12v reaching the starter gen and no grounding issues, then the starter gen maybe at fault and will need to be removed for inspection/testing. Worn out brushes are common on the starter gens supplied on the Subaru EFI carts. The new starter gens from CC have larger brushes that don't wear out as fast.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2022, 06:51 AM   #3
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Default Re: 2018 electrical diagram with EFI will not crank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
Search for Illustrated Parts List and you'll find the diagram in there.
Around 2015 Club Car stopped including wiring schematics in the IPL's,
and just shows the wiring harness, and where the fuses are.
(kinda disappointing to be honest!)

Hear's an IPL for a 2016 Precedent, it's the newest one that I have, (except a 17 Onward)

16 Prec IPL.pdf
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car