lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-15-2020, 01:03 PM   #1
oldphart
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Changing gears in '96/earlier C/C DS shortcuts

I'm typing this having one of what might be several refreshments. The transaxle is assembled, but it's too hot to put it back in....I'll start at butt-crack-o-dawn tomorrow. You can skip a whole bunch of the steps in an official CC manual....but you need to read one. They're online....

Ok. I first removed the rear body (because I've got a self-inlicted case of COPD and laying on my back reaching up does me in faster than immediately). I remove the transaxle 100% complete...I DID NOT remove the transmission like CC says you're supposed to.....for that matter, I didn't even drain the transmission, only drained the differential. With it out, stand the whole mess on the right rear wheel/tire. DON'T disassemble brakes/axle. Loosen (but don't remove) the five bolts that hold the left axle tube to the differential housing. Tap w/hammer to (hopefully) have gasket break 'clean', remove bolts and lift axle tube complete with axle out/off. There's a shim/shims for the differential side bearings either against the bearing or stuck to the axle tube. Don't mangle or lose them...put 'em back when you reassemble. Loosen (again, don't remove) the ten small bolts holding the case haves together and do the same deal with the hammer to get the case halves to break apart. Remove bolts and lift case half off. Lift gears out kinda' together....I had to remove the ring gear from the carrier because a bearing wanted to stay on a shift, but that's no big deal....it's all right in front of you at this point. At this point, I headed to the store and got a box of refreshments for my buddy across the lake that has a press, and gave him that for tool rental/use. Fifteen minutes later I was headed home with everything pressed apart and back together. NONE of the press work is rocket science, but you just plain GOTTA' have a press to do it. Hammers and medieval stuff will NOT work. You'll just wreck expensive parts.

Reverse to re-assemble. I used Permatex anerobic sealer....may gasket only broke in one spot....and I'll bet my life it'll be just fine when refilled. Same on axle tube to housing.

Jim
oldphart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car