lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-16-2008, 07:46 PM   #1
ake01
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Oil Light

I have an 01 CC with the 290 kawasaki motor. I have modified the cart but haven't messed with the gov. Recently I was driving aroud my neighborhood and noticed the oil light would turn on around 3500 rpm and then it would turn back off. I checked the oil level and it is reading full. I have heard of oil pooling in the cylinder head and blowing the motor when it reaches a higher rpm. The highest rpms I have seen are around 3700 but that's only for a few seconds. Could I be in danger of blowing my motor? Is the oil light turning on because the oil is starting to pool in the head causing it to read low? If I have only disconnected the rev limiter should the rpms be this high? Thanks for the help
ake01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-17-2008, 06:37 PM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: Oil Light

you should be fine at 4000 rpm,s or less, it could be the sending unit going bad......you said you modified it? did you lift it ? if so your oil level might be off...................also what weight oil are you running?.................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 09:34 PM   #3
ake01
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Tom,
Thanks for the response. I had 10W 30 in it changed it to 5W 30 and no more light (yet). I was told the oil wasn't getting back to the pan fast enough so I should try a lower weight. This seemed to work well 37 mph at around 3700 rpm. I do have the cart lifted 6 inches. Should I add a little more oil to trick the sensor?
ake01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 02:05 PM   #4
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

if the cart is lifted it throws it off on the stick so if your at full on your dip stick its over full.......best thing is to drain it and put the right amount in i beleive is 40 ozs, if i,m wrong someone will correct me and than make a new mark on dip stick...............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 07:04 AM   #5
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

32 oz. (1 quart) without changing the filter
38 oz. with a new filter!

Per the CC repair manual...

I'm sticking by this for my next oil change... I over filled mine by accident,
(because I could'nt see the clean, new oil on my dipstick!)
and had to dump a 1/4 quart of synthetic oil from the crankcase!

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car