lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-04-2008, 05:15 PM   #1
dirtracer27x
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default new top end on my 94 marathon?

just bought a 94 marathon,she runs good but seems to smoke from the tail pipe and what appears to be a crankcase breather under the carb.thought i might do just a top end rings and head.what do you guiys think?oh yea im new to the board but plan on hangin around for a while,big plans for this old ezgo......
dirtracer27x is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-05-2008, 07:02 PM   #2
dirtracer27x
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: new top end on my 94 marathon?

let me rephrase that,what might be the least expensive route for me to go and could the smoke be frome just the valvle guides?i going to do a leak down and comp check this weekend.were would i get the best deal on rebuild parts,im on a budget.ty
Old 09-06-2008, 07:38 AM   #3
ruredy
Born Wild

The cheapest thing you could go is to pull the head and hone the cylinders and hope that solves the problem. sometimes it works pretty well. ( I have a friend that was a course mechanic and they use to do that to carts there) Given the way the engines is put together it's pretty much has to come completely apart to fix it the right way. All those gaskets, o-rings and seals are kinda costly
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 09:07 AM   #4
dirtracer27x
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

i was thinking just rings and having the head checked out,maybe maybe valvle guides.can i buy these sep or do i have to get them as a kit.
Old 09-07-2008, 10:41 AM   #5
ruredy
Born Wild

I've never seen a kit for them, only the separate parts. I get my parts from the ezgo factory, I'm sorta out of the loop when it comes to where/who is the best place to buy from.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 04:33 PM   #6
florida native
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I have a 99 workhorse. I had MAJOR smoke from the tail pipe. The oil was leaking from different parts of the motor.....until a friend of mind told me to use lucas oil. Immediately, within 15 minutes, the smoking stopped and by the end of the day the leaking ceased. try this stuff. I used 3/4 lucas and the rest I filled with the suggested type of oil for the engine. It costs (+/-)$35.00. Try it before you break the engine apart, you will be impressed with the outcome.
florida native is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 05:08 PM   #7
dirtracer27x
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

i tried some of the cheaper stuff,but it didnt work.it did stop my leak,but it could have been that there was way to much oil in it when i got it.which lucas oil product was it?i found a piston and rod kit on ebay and thought maybe could be head,but not sure yet,only acouple more trips this year and ill have more time.when i changed the plugs they were very fouled with heavy deposits,cant believe it still ran.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO