lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-21-2018, 10:33 PM   #1
jf eebs
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default LED lights blink when voltage reducer off?

So I have a voltage reducer with a fused line, relay, and heavy duty toggle switch. Today I was working on my Neon underbody lights. And at one point my Neons came on, kind of dull but for about a second then went off and maybe about 10 minutes later it did it again. I had turned the reducer on right before that, to turn on the lights to see if everything was working. But when they blinked everything was off. Could there have just been some extra power in the line or something like that? Or is this something I should be concerned about?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
jf eebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-23-2018, 10:37 AM   #2
radioman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: LED lights blink when voltage reducer off?

I would be more curious than concerned. Make sure you don't have any electrical connections to the golf cart chassis. If symptom appears again disconnect the reducer input from the switch and/or the reducer output. If they flash again I would be concerned.
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 12:04 PM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Sounds like a real cheesy China voltage reducer, where you get it? How much $?

And "extra power" doesn't just accumulate in wires, just waiting to get to your lights, it has to come from somewhere.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 12:26 PM   #4
jf eebs
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Sounds like a real cheesy China voltage reducer, where you get it? How much $?

And "extra power" doesn't just accumulate in wires, just waiting to get to your lights, it has to come from somewhere.
It was an Amazon purchase, was like $60. I did notice I had a wire loose on my blue sea systems fuse block. So it's possible that had something to do with it. Perhaps there was still some power coming from the reducer and it flickered the light when it was disconnected from the fuse block. I guess investing in a better reducer in the future is going to happen.

I'll keep an eye on it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
jf eebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO