lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-23-2017, 05:54 PM   #1
Naturallight
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Need Advice 2014 G29

First trip with 2014 G29. Had it for 6 months and not a hiccup . Put it on trailer this morning and drove to outer banks ,about 6 hrs. Went to unload and nada. No solenoid click,no nothing. Trailered in the run position which maybe caused this? Had the brake on and cart did not move even over rough road. Can push it a foot forward or backwards. Is there something I can check without a meter,fuse maybe. Everything on the battery end appears tight. Not a good way to start a vacation
Naturallight is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-23-2017, 06:10 PM   #2
Gregorio
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Need Advice

Does it act like it is in Run? In other words, does the motor brake prevent runaway? Not sure from your post if you can push it only one foot because yes, it is working or because that is all the room you have to push it.

Easiest thing to do is check all the low amp/control wiring connections at solenoid, tow switch, key switch, controller and fuse. Sounds like maybe one of them came loose.
Gregorio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 06:28 PM   #3
Naturallight
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Need Advice

That as far as I can push it without taking it off the trailer and I'm not sure I could get back on by myself. I appreciate your help. I did bring some tools so tomorrow I will check whatever I can get too. In the meantime I'm on my third beer😎
Old 07-23-2017, 06:31 PM   #4
Naturallight
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Need Advice 2014 G29

Where is the fuse? Is it coming from the front of cart into the battery space?
Old 07-23-2017, 06:41 PM   #5
Gregorio
Gone Wild
Club Car

LOL only 3 beers so far? I believe there is a 3 or 5 amp fuse under the driver seat. It isn't mounted to anything. Just hangs down between the batteries if I remember. Test for power at the various places, key switch, tow run, etc. Good luck!
Gregorio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 07:39 AM   #6
Naturallight
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Only have a 12 volt tester. Tow run switch showers power, solenoid has power in on both sides of big lugs with tow/run switch to tow and showers power to all 4 studs when switched to run but does not click. Can't tell what voltage but batteries are fully charged according to the charger. What would be my next step outside leaving it on trailer until after I get home?
Old 07-29-2017, 10:52 AM   #7
Naturallight
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Home now. Still have no solenoid click. Pack voltage is 50.2 volts. In tow position 50.2 to solenoid large post and 41.4 volts on large post going to controller. Small terminals 1.9 volts to both. In the run position, the same voltage to both large posts and 50.2 volts on small terminals on solenoid. Same readings when I unplug the controller. Why 41.4 volts on one side of solenoid? I have read a number of cgtech response to solenoid questions and no click with good pack voltage seems to indicate bad controller? Can you jump the large terminals or is this a bad idea?
Old 07-29-2017, 01:03 PM   #8
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

The 1.9v at small terminals means the tow/run switch may not be supplying B+ power to solenoid. Not saying "replace tow/run", but I would be all over that circuit.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 09:08 AM   #9
Naturallight
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I have learned a lot about my cart because before this happened,all I ever did was get on it and ride. Being a newbie, I have been reading about some of the problems associated with carts, but never had to trouble shoot anything. This is what I'm dealing with as follows
I have no solenoid click when I flip the Tow/run switch
I can push the cart and no resistance
Back up buzzer works in run position
3 amp fuse is good
Run/Tow switch 50.2 volts both sides
Key switch good 50.2 volts
Forward/Reverse switch good, but only 40.1 volts to red/yellow wire?
Run position , the solenoid has 50.2 from pack and only 41.4 on other side to controller
Bothe small terminals on solenoid have 50.2 volts
I have checked all the connections and have checked all the wiring and am stumped. Before I start buying parts that might or might not work. I am leaning towards the solenoid and or the tow/run as being bad. I thought that I would find something loose after trailering it to the OBX because this problem never existed before the trip. I did trailer it with the tow/run switch in the run position and was thinking that maybe the regen braking was activating during the 6hr trip and burned the solenoid out? Any suggestion's would be appreciated!
Old 07-31-2017, 04:48 PM   #10
theranch1968
Not Yet Wild

I am in no way an expert, but I had these same symptoms (exactly same voltage as listed in your post). My problem was the controller. My brother in law has exact same cart, so after checking solenoid and fuses, i changed out his controller with mine and my cart worked fine. Ordered Alltrax xct 400, so should have more speed and plenty of room to grow if ever need new motor.

Just a side note, my 3 amp fuse was blown as well as the controller so I had multiple problems. While the fuse was blown, voltage on both small solenoid points and the key switch was only in the 20 volt range. Only reason I mention this is if someone else notices low voltage at these points, check the fuse...
theranch1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha