lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-06-2019, 08:20 PM   #11
doublestack00
Getting Wild

Default Re: RXV to fast?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
He expressed concern that nobody would want to buy it with it only going 15 MPH. He asked if I could speed it up. Mission accomplished.

I have all the carts I buy turned up, none have ever been like this.
doublestack00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-06-2019, 10:54 PM   #12
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Probably turned up to Freedom mode. With a developer setup the stock cart with stock tires will push high 20s no problem.
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 03:03 AM   #13
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Missing the point here..... I can "turn up" any curtis rxv to the point it can break it's own axle mounts within its first 6 months of its life. That doesnt mean I will do that and just "send it out in the world" like that......

I have made many hotrods to "have fun with around the shop" . and had to be selective of how I set them to not make too many problems for the ones that get used in the real world. They break those mounts enough without my "help".....

We end up welding the pad to the axle. Not like ezgo is gonna help us. Like I said, totally stock carts eventually break them too. If i went crazy & broke it, cant blame ezgo... they break easily on "heavily used carts" that are totally stock. Like at the hotel where you saw a rxv....

I dont turn those up, usually turn them down...
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 03:37 AM   #14
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Missing the point here..... I can "turn up" any curtis rxv to the point it can break it's own axle mounts within its first 6 months of its life. That doesnt mean I will do that and just "send it out in the world" like that......

I have made many hotrods to "have fun with around the shop" . and had to be selective of how I set them to not make too many problems for the ones that get used in the real world. They break those mounts enough without my "help".....

We end up welding the pad to the axle. Not like ezgo is gonna help us. Like I said, totally stock carts eventually break them too. If i went crazy & broke it, cant blame ezgo... they break easily on "heavily used carts" that are totally stock. Like at the hotel where you saw a rxv....

BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 11:53 AM   #15
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I agree cg. I have tuned up a few but always have kept in mind what the cart will be used for and who will be driving it. Everyone knows most children can tear up an anvil.
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 12:36 PM   #16
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

Oh whenever a customer says "my child was riding on it..." I know my day's about to be shot to heck with the number or repairs needed haha!

What i am having a hard time understanding though is why any parent would allow an 8 year old child to ride on any vehicle. It's a recipe for disaster to either the car or the child. When i was like that age, if i even dared to ride my grandfather's lawnmower he'd burn my butt up real quick..If i had wrecked it like these kids do their parent's golf cars, I'd likely be very sore, and grounded for life. the parents today just laugh it off. I'm like "WTF!? with what condition the golf car is in, you ought to be thanking the Lord your kid isn't in a hospital or killed!"

That in reference to a brand new AC Yamaha that a kid took off in, pulled into the street and the car was hit by a tractor trailer. Car was folded in half, somehow kid managed to walk away.
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 10:00 PM   #17
doublestack00
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post

I had no idea. I've never had a cart like this and I've had 30+ RXV's.

Once I widen the track and add the 14x7 wheels with wide tires I'll see how it goes. I maybe buying one of the controllers so I can tweak this.

I may buy a tool anyway since they are only $400 on Ebay.
doublestack00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO