lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-26-2021, 06:43 PM   #1
klinder@windstream.net
Not Yet Wild

Default 2014 RXV Motor Sensor Fault

I have a 2014 RXV that keeps throwing code Motor temp sensor fault..
I have replaced the sensor probe, had motor cleaned and new bearing encoder replaced, installed new controller, toned out all 4 wires from controller to plug connection at motor and still get motor temp sensor fault. All the cart will do when key on and press pedal is release brake as it should and the just do a bit of jerking but hardly turn wheels. was wanting to see about installing the resistor to bypass the sensor to see if the motor sensor is the problem. What wires of the 4 wire plug do I need to connect the resistors to bypass the sensor to test this.??
klinder@windstream.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-27-2021, 09:15 AM   #2
klinder@windstream.net
Not Yet Wild

Question Re: 2014 RXV Motor Sensor Fault

Quote:
Originally Posted by klinder@windstream.net View Post
I have a 2014 RXV that keeps throwing code Motor temp sensor fault..
I have replaced the sensor probe, had motor cleaned and new bearing encoder replaced, installed new controller, toned out all 4 wires from controller to plug connection at motor and still get motor temp sensor fault. All the cart will do when key on and press pedal is release brake as it should and the just do a bit of jerking but hardly turn wheels. was wanting to see about installing the resistor to bypass the sensor to see if the motor sensor is the problem. What wires of the 4 wire plug do I need to connect the resistors to bypass the sensor to test this.??
Reading over the Threads within I see that the 4 wire harness laid out above is the speed sensor probe and not the heat sensor. I now realize that it is the 2 wire going into the center of the motor with the main wires. (Pink and
Green) wires.
klinder@windstream.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 11:20 AM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: 2014 RXV Motor Sensor Fault

The temp sensor range is something like 400-1300 ohms.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rxv temp sensor fault
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO