lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-30-2009, 07:17 PM   #31
vponder
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Trailering behind Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmanharleyk View Post
I live about a mile out of the city limits. I know plenty of you cops including yourself !
MAybe we can hook up and swap golf cart stories, Ive been reading your older post learning alot, I know one thing this is a $$$ hobby, I got some toys I need to sale to fund some my wants on this cart. Ill be getting new batterys soon , I cleaned all the connections today piddleing in my shop, all but one its in bad shape I figured just as sure as touch it the post will break off.By the way which batterys did you go with I saw some of your older post, I have a friend that runs a auto shop I might see what he can get me some Interstates I read on here their made by US Battery he might let me have them at his cost Thanks V

Last edited by vponder; 12-30-2009 at 07:57 PM.. Reason: added some more
vponder is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-31-2009, 01:14 AM   #32
hitmanharleyk
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by vponder View Post
MAybe we can hook up and swap golf cart stories, Ive been reading your older post learning alot, I know one thing this is a $$$ hobby, I got some toys I need to sale to fund some my wants on this cart. Ill be getting new batterys soon , I cleaned all the connections today piddleing in my shop, all but one its in bad shape I figured just as sure as touch it the post will break off.By the way which batterys did you go with I saw some of your older post, I have a friend that runs a auto shop I might see what he can get me some Interstates I read on here their made by US Battery he might let me have them at his cost Thanks V
I got some Trojans from TNT when they had them on sale. I was out the door at $481 with six T105 plus's, new 4 ga. cables and tax.

Have you been by the new place in town, Krazy Karts ?

Check the weight on the Interstates before buying, more weight means more lead which equals better battery. I know that Battery Source was selling their store brand for around $515 this past summer. They told me they were just as good as Trojans, but you know how that goes.
hitmanharleyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 05:44 AM   #33
vponder
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmanharleyk View Post
I got some Trojans from TNT when they had them on sale. I was out the door at $481 with six T105 plus's, new 4 ga. cables and tax.

Have you been by the new place in town, Krazy Karts ?

Check the weight on the Interstates before buying, more weight means more lead which equals better battery. I know that Battery Source was selling their store brand for around $515 this past summer. They told me they were just as good as Trojans, but you know how that goes.
No I havent been to crazy carts yet I think I saw a ad on them they are behide that dealer on Commerical dr I think, I know someone up there at TNT he said that he would get me a good price, he said that they are suppose to getting US Batt, at the time I spoke to him they were suppose to come in last WEDs, He said"""that alot of people are switching to US Batt instead of Trojans Ive done some reading on their web site. That was a good price you got. Over all I havent seen that new place advertise much.
Old 12-31-2009, 12:45 PM   #34
vponder
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I did some research on the towing in Flordia,the statue is 316.515 (3) Length Limitations, this is a piece of it " A combination of vehicles NOT qualifing as a commericial motor vehicle may consist of NO MORE than TWO units coulped together, such non qualifying combination of vehicle may not exceed a total length of 65 feet" My interruption of that says you can tow a camper and a trailer so long as its not over 65 ft in my book that doesnt include the truck pulling the units but I'm going to contact someone in Law Enforcement in Fl to verify that. FYI Vponder
Old 12-31-2009, 02:53 PM   #35
SpoiledRotten
Conservatively Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
I did some research on the towing in Flordia,the statue is 316.515 (3) Length Limitations, this is a piece of it " A combination of vehicles NOT qualifing as a commericial motor vehicle may consist of NO MORE than TWO units coulped together, such non qualifying combination of vehicle may not exceed a total length of 65 feet" My interruption of that says you can tow a camper and a trailer so long as its not over 65 ft in my book that doesnt include the truck pulling the units but I'm going to contact someone in Law Enforcement in Fl to verify that. FYI Vponder

I believe you will find that they wouldn't allow a kid on a bicycle to pull two wagons behind him. They are pretty strict on that issue.
SpoiledRotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 03:41 PM   #36
FlyinSparkey
Not Yet Wild
Taylor-Dunn

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoiledRotten View Post
I believe you will find that they wouldn't allow a kid on a bicycle to pull two wagons behind him. They are pretty strict on that issue.
FlyinSparkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 03:55 PM   #37
Specularius
Not Yet Wild

It has been determined that the tow vehicle counts as one of the units. Like I said earlier, I just made a trip entering at Pensacola and going all the way to WDW at Orlando pulling my cart behind my Fiver with no trouble. I knew I was taking a chance though. In October I observed two other Fivers with golf carts in tow along the same route, even though I was not towing at the time.
Specularius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 07:54 PM   #38
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Triple towing is illeagal in Florida.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 09:26 PM   #39
SpoiledRotten
Conservatively Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specularius View Post
It has been determined that the tow vehicle counts as one of the units. Like I said earlier, I just made a trip entering at Pensacola and going all the way to WDW at Orlando pulling my cart behind my Fiver with no trouble. I knew I was taking a chance though. In October I observed two other Fivers with golf carts in tow along the same route, even though I was not towing at the time.

As I mentioned, I got away with it on the way down to Daytona and most of the way back, but got busted just south of Jacksonville. Just a warning though.
SpoiledRotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 08:00 PM   #40
Kartcruiser
Getting Wild

Club Car

I too am looking at towing my Golf Cart behind my 18' Palomino camper. Dry weight is 3250# so weight and length is not a concern. My trailer is 12' X 7' and the Cart is a Club Car President.
My concern is the Bumper strength on the camper. I ordered a Kurt heavy duty receiver hitch and it says do not tow on Camper bumper anything over 250 # tongue weight. I haven't checked the tongue with the cart loaded yet but don't think it will be near that. I see several people at the Campgrounds with this same setup and they don't seem to have any problems.
I am concerned that my Camper is a single axle. It pulls great with no wagging at all. I have a good hitch and leveler bars and sway bar on the rig and was thinking maybe putting a sway bar on the Cart trailer.
I would appreciate your opinion and feedback or suggestions.
Thanks,
Danny
Kartcruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha