lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-05-2010, 07:38 PM   #11
webster
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Lift and Tires

I ve got a 4" drop spindle on mine with 22" Duro's. Getting ready to install HD springs in rear. So far the tires and set up work well for me in the neighborhood and at the hunt club. At the club we have creeks, mudholes and some pretty challenging hills and my cart does great.
webster is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-05-2010, 07:51 PM   #12
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdb770 View Post
Who has the best package deal on lifts and tires for a 97 TXT?
Your initial question is why you didn't hear from me. Roady and others were right - I (as well as the other sponsors) run a business and do not have time to quote prices to sale chasers...

I'd be glad to help, but I don't have time to be "nickle and dimed"

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 09:50 PM   #13
cdb770
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesmotortoys View Post
Your initial question is why you didn't hear from me. Roady and others were right - I (as well as the other sponsors) run a business and do not have time to quote prices to sale chasers...

I'd be glad to help, but I don't have time to be "nickle and dimed"
Shoot me a good price, and I won't nickle and dime you! I am not here to get it as cheap as I can, I do wan't quality for what I am going to buy though.
cdb770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 05:52 AM   #14
bokeasmowl
friends call me Boke

Yamaha

my L-Jakes long travel lift, 12" wheels and 23" tires cost me right at a grand. That's right, $1000 dollars. Just because you got the best price, doesn't mean you got the best deal.
bokeasmowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 06:10 AM   #15
cdb770
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokeasmowl View Post
my L-Jakes long travel lift, 12" wheels and 23" tires cost me right at a grand. That's right, $1000 dollars. Just because you got the best price, doesn't mean you got the best deal.
That is a resonable price, I am willing to pay around that much for a quality lift that will hold up. That was my budget price I had in mind when begining this search from the start.
Old 05-06-2010, 06:20 AM   #16
bokeasmowl
friends call me Boke

Yamaha

Yep, for around $1000 you can be set up with a good lift, some nice 12" rims and bigger tires. After thinking about it, I have around $1200 in my lift,wheels and tires. (thought to self: dayum I got a'lot of money in this cart! )
bokeasmowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 06:27 AM   #17
cdb770
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokeasmowl View Post
Yep, for around $1000 you can be set up with a good lift, some nice 12" rims and bigger tires. After thinking about it, I have around $1200 in my lift,wheels and tires. (thought to self: dayum I got a'lot of money in this cart! )
I know what you mean. I have wrapped up quite a tab so far getting this cart back in running order thus far, for a $100 cart this sure is costing me a good chunk of change the wife says everytime she see's another package show up on the door step!
Old 05-06-2010, 07:01 AM   #18
Flintrock
Raised by coyotes

Yamaha

Here's the best advice for you that I have. IF you need the most travel and best ride quality the true long travel is the way to go, but you are replacing a lot of suspension components and they are costly. I have found the 6' A-arm lift to be quite satisfactory for usage much like you intend. Keep in mind that your ground clearance is still a matter of tire height, it has nothing to do with lift size, so get the tallest tire your lift allows, and I would suggest sticking with a 10" rim. Taller tire with 10" rim means more sidewall, gives you more flex so your ride quality will be better. Find a tire/ wheel combo you like, decide on size/type of lift and make a few phone calls. And buy a quality (American made) lift. If you are like most of the rest of us, more HP will be the next item on your list!
Flintrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 08:06 AM   #19
Jake's Golf Carts
Gone Wild

Good advice Flint. Think long term usage and decide what will best suit your needs. We offer all of our lifts with wheels/tires as packages. Give us a call if you have any questions.
Jake's Golf Carts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 08:48 AM   #20
cdb770
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake's Lift Kits View Post
Good advice Flint. Think long term usage and decide what will best suit your needs. We offer all of our lifts with wheels/tires as packages. Give us a call if you have any questions.
Which is better drop axle or spindle lifts for this type setup?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO