lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-17-2010, 09:58 AM   #1
mtaswt
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Advice Needed

I bought my cart 7-8 months ago....it was a factory refurbished cart ('05 TXT). It was supposed to have "new" batteries, and with me being a newbie I didn't know any better. Well after ALL the great advice on here I have come to learn that the batteries are actually from "A5"! Far from being new!

Now for some advice please............

The batteries only charge to 50-60%.....is this due to the fact that they are on their last leg?

I am taking the cart in becuase it is still under warrantee but I need some direction to argue with them if necessary. If I do in fact get new batteries I'm going to try and make the upgrade to 48v, so let's hope for the best. If anyone has any other advice on my situation please chime in......the more the better.

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC01137.jpg (107.1 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01151.jpg (105.6 KB, 34 views)
mtaswt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-17-2010, 10:11 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Advice Needed

Ask them for a written report of a discharge test. Batteries typically last 4-5 years. Yours won't take or hold a full charge. They should give you new or better batteries. AN upgrade to 48v will not go well at the dealership and will involve you gettting a 48v controller, solenoid, & Charger. I wouldn't mention it
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 10:28 AM   #3
mtaswt
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Ask them for a written report of a discharge test. Batteries typically last 4-5 years. Yours won't take or hold a full charge. They should give you new or better batteries. AN upgrade to 48v will not go well at the dealership and will involve you gettting a 48v controller, solenoid, & Charger. I wouldn't mention it
You recommend doing upgrade to 48v after the fact, due to the factory costs? The only reason I would do it now is becuase i would prefer 6-8v instead of 8-6v?
Old 05-17-2010, 10:48 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The dealership may not support this type of upgrade. They may in fact feel that your motive for bringing the cart back is to get different batteries for an unapproved voltage upgrade you found on some crazy internet site

That is why I recommend you get the batteries made right then sell them? And upgrade or do whatever, but I would be careful when asking the dealer about the whole 48v upgrade thing......
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 10:57 AM   #5
THUNDERBASES
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I must agree, I think the dealer will think you are trying to pull something over on them. Like it was said, just shoot for newer batteries and sell them when you are ready to upgrade. The cart really looks good.
THUNDERBASES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 11:38 AM   #6
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

You were cheated in my opinion. Insist the dealer make good on his claim of new batteries, get them installed, and NEVER use this clown again.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 02:39 PM   #7
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

I am a dealer and if i was the dealer in your cituation (i would tell you the age of batts anyway) i would replace with batts that arer in the cart. if you come in saying that you want 6 8V instead of 6 6V i would tell you I could not do that and it would void the remaining warranty on your cart.

just letting you know.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 03:25 PM   #8
DVR
Gone Wild
Club Car

a 36v ezgo with a 400a controller does a great job. I had every intention of going to 48v. then I installed new batteries, 4ga cables, upgraded solenoid and a alltrax 400a controller. My cart has all the power I need and goes faster than I want it too. It is used off road, lifted with 22" tires. I carry a lot of weight (corn) in the bed too.

try a controller upgrade. I think you will be surprised. If you don't like it the alltrax controller can be set to run 48v too.
DVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 11:23 PM   #9
TDOG
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Sorry, but you do not have a "Factory Refurb". The E-Z-GO branch in Texas builds them, but they only use E-Z-GO OEM parts and brand new batteries. The car you show has after market lights on it and not the OEM light bar.
TDOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 08:48 AM   #10
mtaswt
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDOG View Post
Sorry, but you do not have a "Factory Refurb". The E-Z-GO branch in Texas builds them, but they only use E-Z-GO OEM parts and brand new batteries. The car you show has after market lights on it and not the OEM light bar.
It had the light bar, but i had them change it out to the lights you see. They look way better than that light bar IMO?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO