lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-17-2012, 09:13 PM   #1
Mlmill
Not Yet Wild

Default 92 marathon motor very hot

I know ive read here about someone else that had the same problem within the last month or so but darn if i can find it... Kids were running cart around in backyard yesterday for approx 30min yesterday and when they were done, just for curiosity, i lifted seat to feel motor, it was very very hot. Could only hold my fingers on it for a second or so. When i got home from work today we ran a mile down the road and back and when i got back i felt the motor- again it was very hot, same thing, could only hold my fingers on the housing for a second or so. Any ideas on what could possibly be wrong with it?
Mlmill is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-18-2012, 03:37 PM   #2
ab46501
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 92 marathon motor very hot

Usually hot wires/equipment = loose/bad connection.

Check all the connections on the motor to make sure they are tight and clean. If they are then I would check the other ends that run to the FNR switch and controller.
ab46501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 03:56 PM   #3
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: 92 marathon motor very hot

ab is def correct..if everything is tight it may be time for new brushes and a good motor cleaning...it is 20 years old :-)
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO