lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-21-2020, 08:15 AM   #11
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Default Re: Vegas 625 keeps stalling at idle

Have you taken the big black idle adjustment screw all the way out and removed the plastic shoe below that it rides on. Below this is a plastic plunger that controls idle flow. There is a couple of orifices there that might have picked up some debris and are affecting your idle. There are a couple of O rings on the plunger. Maybe one of those is compromised.
raydhd is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-21-2020, 09:43 AM   #12
rjwenter
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by raydhd View Post
Have you taken the big black idle adjustment screw all the way out and removed the plastic shoe below that it rides on. Below this is a plastic plunger that controls idle flow. There is a couple of orifices there that might have picked up some debris and are affecting your idle. There are a couple of O rings on the plunger. Maybe one of those is compromised.
I have not done that. After reading your explanation that seems like a good idea though :) Guess that carb is coming back out...

Think I could test that theory by spraying a little carb cleaner in the carb and seeing if I can get the cart to idle? I'm thinking that would verify (or not) that the clog or problem is there. Great idea though thanks a lot I didn't even think to remove that screw.
rjwenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 10:58 AM   #13
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

That aspect of the carb isn't discussed much. VC USED to have a posting on how to modify that part for a better idle, BUT no more. I guess the EPA didn't like that info.
Old 12-04-2020, 03:51 PM   #14
rjwenter
Getting Wild

Since I hate to leave threads open I figured I would just add this. I wound up just ordering a new carb and gasket set from Vegas. After changing out the carb the cart runs fine. No idea what the actual problem was though. Ray, I think they might have changed something with the carb since you last looked at it. There is nothing behind that idle screw it's simply works as a stop. Definitely appreciate the help though.
Old 12-04-2020, 08:59 PM   #15
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Both my computer skills and camera are lacking. Shown below are the side view of the carb and the components Below the idle screw itself shown. In the pic to the right are the idle screw, the shoe that tensions it and below that the jet I am speaking of. If you look closely at that 3rd piece it had O rings at the top and bottom.Looking straight down into it there is a tiny jet hole. After these part are removed the is an orifice in the carb body itself that this jet feeds.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_0859.jpg (185.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0861.jpg (137.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-09-2020, 10:31 AM   #16
rjwenter
Getting Wild

Ah I see. Thank you Ray I think your computer skills are just fine :) I still have the old carb so I will have to take it apart. After reading your post I found this on the Vegas website. It may be the info you were referring to in an earlier post.

https://vegascarts.com/blogs/faq/carburetor-tuning-101

As a side note looking around the Vegas website it seems they are not supporting the 625 at all anymore.

https://vegascarts.com/pages/625cc-replacement-parts

That stinks.
Old 12-09-2020, 11:11 AM   #17
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

That was the article I was referring to but could not find. Zongshen is now marketing the engine on their own. Hopefully they will supply the full line of replacement parts.
Old 12-12-2020, 01:14 PM   #18
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Bump
Old 01-20-2021, 10:45 AM   #19
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Bump
Old 01-20-2021, 10:49 AM   #20
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjwenter View Post
ah i see. Thank you ray i think your computer skills are just fine :) i still have the old carb so i will have to take it apart. After reading your post i found this on the vegas website. It may be the info you were referring to in an earlier post.

https://vegascarts.com/blogs/faq/carburetor-tuning-101

as a side note looking around the vegas website it seems they are not supporting the 625 at all anymore.

https://vegascarts.com/pages/625cc-replacement-parts

that stinks.
bump
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!