lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-16-2020, 02:54 PM   #1
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Default 21 Vanny For Sale

Hey Guys,I installed this 21 Briggs in our Camp-Cart last summer,and its really not working out.Too noisy,too jerky,so I just rebuilt the G16 motor,and its going back in. The motor is a 2012( I think,I'll verify soon,its still in the cart). 21HP,it was on a Vac-Pump my buddy had,there was a major failure on the pump,I bought the engine. Low hours,very clean(it was in an enclosure,in his truck. Comet Clutch is Brand-New,maybe 5 hours on it. I bought the Briggs Head-Pipe,and built an exhaust,with 2- tractor mufflers inline,all included. Local Pickup Only,No Shipping. I'm pulling it out this week,Complete wire-harness included,with dash-mount Key-Switch,Exhaust,and Brackets,and Clutch. $800/BO
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20190709_204424094.jpg (106.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20190709_214446448.jpg (151.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20190720_151203887.jpg (291.7 KB, 0 views)
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 11:30 AM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: 21 Vanny For Sale

Wow, first time I've seen someone go from a Vanguard to stock Sorry it didn't work out for you. Those are good engines. Maybe the jerky feeling was from the 94c Duster? The 780 does really well on those engines. Nothing smoother and quieter than stock though, for a campground those are best lol.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 12:52 PM   #3
big mule
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

If you don't sell it and decide to ship I may be interested.
big mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 01:28 PM   #4
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

That's a good deal for someone. I have to agree with Slo....that's just a bad clutch for the application. I've never found a quiet muffler for a big block. Good luck my friend
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 02:39 PM   #5
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Yea,Guys,I know it needs some tinkering,but for the campground its just a waste of engine,Only going 5mph,Its too loud,sometimes its fussy starting,so Kim wont drive it at all,and she uses it 90% of the time when we are away. Most campgrounds are pretty flat,so its really not necessary to have anything more than stock with the Umax spring in back,its been fine for years.The Original motor was just tired,low power,smoking bad,it was untouched since '96.Clutch was shot,that didnt help power either. We had a big trip last summer,and the place was hilly,so I figured the Briggs was a good fit.Swapped it in,and wasnt happy with it right from the start.It runs great,just not what I wanted for camping. Last week,I threw the Original motor on the bench,and tore it down,Bore was perfect,Honed it,New Rings,Valve-Job,seals,and back together. Briggs is out,Original is going back in this afternoon. I would ship it,if someone wants it(Buyer covers shipping).
Old 05-17-2020, 02:44 PM   #6
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

This is the exhaust I ended up building,its fairly quiet,but still loud on the cart(Briggs motors themselves are mechanically louder than stock cart motor).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20200517_154213092.jpg (51.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-20-2020, 02:04 PM   #7
nrochwal
Not Yet Wild

wish i would of seen this a month ago. Goodluck with the sale!
nrochwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 06:45 PM   #8
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Car muffler on my clone is about loud as an atv/riding mower or less. This would be a sweet deal for someone looking to swap a twin into their cart. Any engine its hard to get quiet like stock cart.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 07:41 AM   #9
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

I knew it would never be stock-cart quiet,the exhaust wasnt bad,but the Briggs is just mechanically louder,so when you are going 4-5mph,trying to talk,and its quiet in the campground at night,everyone knows you are there. And honestly,i'm alot happier with it with the stock motor back in it.It fires right up,drive away,No messing with choke,warmup time,etc...it runs great,the Briggs was a quicker repair when the original motor died,due to time constraints,the parts were 2-weeks out,so was our vacation. I had the clutch for the Briggs in 2-days. If we were at 1-camp,where we could do whatever,whenever,it would be different,but we travel,dont need any issues with the campgrounds we visit,and alot of them are way too big to walk. Next step is a Sparky,due to alot of places dont allow gassers,and we have passed on going there,for that reason only,due to the walking involved(Bad Back,cant walk alot on uneven ground).
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!