lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-19-2020, 08:45 PM   #1
Woswald
Not Yet Wild

Default 2002 ezgo txt gas- acceleration problem

Just purchased a 2002 txt gas cart. It starts and runs great. The issue I am having is that there is no gradual acceleration. I can’t get the cart to run slow or mid range speed. It is either too speed or it is jerky when trying to go at slower speeds.
I checked the throttle linkage, the engine will rev before any of the cables that link to the governor move at all.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Woswald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 08:57 PM   #2
newtjl
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2002 ezgo txt gas- acceleration problem

Ive seen this before, although it may not be the exact same fix. Your carb likely isnt closing all the way. I acquired one that someone had run the idle screw all the way down, for what reason I dont know. The idle screw is right on top an arm connected to the throttle linkage. Make sure that screw is backed all of the way out. You can remove it completely if you wish as golf carts dont idle and it wont hurt it. If that doesnt work, take off your throttle linkage, the one connected to the carb, and adjust it to make it a bit longer. If it makes it too sluggish, you made it too long and will ha
ve to readjust. I bet doing those two things will get it lined out, if not, let us know and we can go from there.
newtjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 06:49 PM   #3
Woswald
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2002 ezgo txt gas- acceleration problem

Thank you for the quick response. It wasn’t the idle screw. However, the linkage from the governor to the Carb was pulled too tight.
Thanks again!!
Woswald is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO