lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-01-2017, 07:19 AM   #11
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Tire Pressure Chalk Test

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Faught View Post
I can see how this would be useful. Pressure though, can often times be relevant to operating conditions, especially with atv tires.
Absolutely. The method described here is useful for ensuring the tyres are at the correct pressure for bitumen or other hard surfaces. The beauty of using a method like this (instead of just blindly following the manufacturer's recommended figure) is that it lets you know what the pressure should be with the overall weight that you are carrying at the time of the test. By doing it with both the front and rear tyres you can also determine what pressure should be run front and rear (which will often be different).

As to your point, if you are going off road or onto soft surfaces like sand then that changes the game altogether because in that case you should lower the pressures to bag the tyres in order to gain traction. Don't forget to raise the pressures to normal when you get back on the hard surface or you're likely to overheat them.

All of that will be common knowledge to anyone who has done any off-road driving in their 4WD.
yawood is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-01-2017, 08:56 AM   #12
hipower
Getting Wild
Club Car

As suggested by the OP this method will prevent waiting until your tires show uneven wear and trying to correct a problem then. Seeking ideal pressures is a fools mission in my opinion. I frequently have that conversation with my classA RV friends. Some of them are seriously anal about adjusting tire pressures by wheel weights vs axle weight. Some even suggest that they check pressures at the beginning of a day and then reduce pressure as the ambient temps and tire temps change. I believe that was simply campfire and alcohol induced trolling, but it sure stirs up the conversation.

Bottom line, get your alignment right, find a pressure where your tires don't show eneven wear and enjoy your ride.
hipower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 09:05 AM   #13
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipower View Post
-snip- I believe that was simply campfire and alcohol induced trolling, but it sure stirs up the conversation.
Yes, that is like chasing the end of the rainbow....

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipower View Post
Bottom line, get your alignment right, find a pressure where your tires don't show eneven wear and enjoy your ride.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 10:56 AM   #14
Redbeardcc
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
Muddog, I think you may be referring to Camber(?)

And to clarify to Redbeardcc in case I confused him...
Thanks for clarifying! I thought I was having another senior moment again!
Redbeardcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 09:30 PM   #15
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbeardcc View Post
Thanks for clarifying! I thought I was having another senior moment again!
Some times when I am typing I know what I mean, but then I think everyone else will just magically know what I mean and lets be honest, that just ain't going to happen with 100's of different personalities and opinions...
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car