lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-20-2017, 10:44 AM   #1
jjastram
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Shaft Rockers Installed and Air Filter Moved

I finally got my shaft rockers installed in my VC 460. That, with the Aussie Speed valve cover, took away all noise from the valves. To mount the valve cover I used a piece of 6mm stainless steel rod with a stainless coupling nut to lock it into the boss. To hold the cover on I used a 6mm nylon washer and 6mm SS flat washer and SS lock-nut. I did have a problem with the gasket staying on the cover, so I glued it on with weather strip adhesive.
Next I relocated the air filter and replaced the metal can that came with the VC460. I used a velocity stack and adapter from NR Racing and 2 - 2.5" 90 degree elbows, a 2.5" straight hose 5" long, all are silicone intercooler hose. I used 3 SS hose pipe connectors for silicone 64mm/2.5" pipe to connect them. This put the air filter up under the access cover on my EZGO instead of down next to the right rear tire. For the air filter I used the one NR Racing suggested for their stack, also, I think Vegas Carts sells the adapter and air filter as a set. I did need to order longer Honda 132 mm carburetor studs to mount the velocity stack.
Many thanks to those of you who, through this forum, gave me the ideas and help to improve my cart.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (84.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (93.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 4.jpg (242.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (111.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 5.jpg (92.4 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by jjastram; 08-20-2017 at 11:05 AM.. Reason: added content
jjastram is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-20-2017, 02:31 PM   #2
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Default Re: Shaft Rockers Installed and Air Filter Moved

Neat work
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 03:26 PM   #3
Shepard
Crazy Ole Man

Yamaha

Great job. I think the push rods make a lot of metal noise when they move in the guide plate. Most everybody who's install the little rocker arms have said there's less noise. I'll post a few pictures of my valve cover. I have a second Aussie cover that I need to drill and set up for crankcase valve. I'll show a trick I used on the gasket.
Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 03:52 PM   #4
BrutalSoldier
Addictive Personality

Club Car

That is a very nice build.
Why has no one told me of this fancy valve cover yet.

Last edited by BrutalSoldier; 08-20-2017 at 03:56 PM.. Reason: added
BrutalSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 06:02 PM   #5
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

On page 2 of my 460 redo dated 2/13/17 I show the aussie speed unit with pics. I did some early work with Cory of small town speed who is the USA importer of the aussie speed parts on using it in a clone powered golf cart.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps