lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-04-2020, 12:10 PM   #1
marx.menard@yahoo.com
Not Yet Wild

Default Predator 670 Carb?

Hey Guys,

Looking for a Carb alternative for the predator 670. Have any of you swapped carbs or used the amazon carbs out there.
marx.menard@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-04-2020, 08:14 PM   #2
jclark138
Runs with scissors-

Yamaha

Default Re: Predator 670 Carb?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marx.menard@yahoo.com View Post
Hey Guys,

Looking for a Carb alternative for the predator 670. Have any of you swapped carbs or used the amazon carbs out there.
Not a site sponsor, they have lots of performance parts for Predator 670

https://www.performance670.com/produ...ikuni-carb-kit

I would not buy a carb on Amazon
jclark138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 10:51 PM   #3
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

I ran a 32mm CV on my 420 clone with cam and rod and many mods. It ran great its a scooter carb but the pumper version. I did have one problem it would not get high rpm. I finally tied up the spring in there part way so it would open up and then it had some top end. Normal use and starting was great certainly better than stock carb ever could, I did jet it richer. So now I bought a 30mm round slide its a mikuni copy, it also has a pump on it. I have it hooked up after making intake parts, and it run good right out of the box, but I was pulling the cable with my hand lol so I don't have good riding impressions. I was a little worried it being 30mm not large enough, however I run trails and rarely wind out the thing for top speed which is well over 5K rpm. So if this works good up to 5K I will be happy, maybe its not an issue and I don't know if the CV was completely cured at full opening/speed. The gokart people run big carbs for top end so hard to figure what size you need for more normal use in a golf cart. And for all I know the 32 CV was too big and that is why it didn't want to open all the way. Gokarts run 32mm often I think stock is 24mm. The cv carb was $60+ if I recall right, this one was around 40 I think and came with the dual cable. The pump is really nice for cold starts and I thought maybe with a CVT it would help response, I don't really know if you need one or not, it may help more if you are using a large carb for the engine size. It runs terrible with no choke until it warms in winter weather, but you can get it started pumping the gas. Far as running the CV at 2/3 throttle and less was awesome, very smooth and run great, started great, idled great, no flat spots. The top end I had issues with but it seemed to work ok after modding it. The 30mm slide I can punch it and it just takes off, idle and starting was good like the CV and I have not jetted it. I think it will work better is my impression, but I could not modulate the throttle with my hand very well. I did drive it around a few times. If I can get past other projects I have to fabricate a connector for the cables to run it off the pedal. I don't know what size you need for 670, if 30mm is large enough or not, or if you plan any mods to it. What I do know is the scooter and slide carbs run much nicer in a cart far as smooth and throttling, etc. My stock carb was never this good and I jetted it many times. I'm sure a name brand carb is better but I'm not going to spend that much on this $264 motor. Ok well I have a lot more into it now but the scooter carbs have worked well so far.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 05:57 PM   #4
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

I used an adapter for a 670 (from Performance 670) on my 23hp Vanguard. Mounted a 42mm Mikuni CV carb from a 660 Grizzly atv. Guessing you could use the same or smaller carb. I would say anything 32mm and over would work.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg carb adapter 03.jpg (177.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg carb adapter 19.jpg (273.7 KB, 0 views)
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 03:29 PM   #5
marx.menard@yahoo.com
Not Yet Wild

Slonomo what adaptor did you use for the 42 mm carb?
marx.menard@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps