lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-28-2021, 11:05 PM   #1
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Ezgo no spark

Interesting video I found. Can’t say I would have went about the diagnosis and repair the same way this guy did, but watching the signals on the oscilloscope was pretty interesting to see. I’ve never hooked a scope up to a golf cart, never really had the need. But kind of an interesting insight to what is actually happening when the ignition coil is firing the spark plugs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4toysMe0G8E
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-29-2021, 09:05 AM   #2
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ezgo no spark

It was interesting but I would suggest he learn more about these carts before uploading a video telling people to just bypass the micro switch.

It was also not a 2004 cart . MCI replacement engine yes but older cart.
This cart must have been under water ? at least past where the micro switch is located. These are sealed up pretty good.

It is something to think about though. I wonder if he heard the click when you push the pedal ? He was changing some wires which didn't need messing with but what do I know.
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 11:05 AM   #3
Dabble Inn
Nincompoop Club Member

E-Z-GO

The scope was very interesting, but I found myself yelling to him 'Microswitch Microswitch' as soon as he first turned on the ignition switch and it turned over...

Microswitches are cheap enough, can't believe someone would bypass it rather than replace.

Was funny at 9:34 he mentioned the 'foot switch' then pushes on the brake pedal a few times to show us LOLOL

He thinks it's at idle when turning on the ignition switch so it's better this way anyway LOL, yeah who needs that 'stupid little foot switch'

Interesting but a bit painful to watch
Dabble Inn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 12:10 PM   #4
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Exactly my thoughts. I don’t agree with his “repair” nor his method of going about pretty much anything. I just thought the part with the oscilloscope showed some interesting information I had not thought to see before, and shows kinda what is happening when the coil fires.
Old 12-29-2021, 12:38 PM   #5
Dabble Inn
Nincompoop Club Member

E-Z-GO

It's a shame some peeps will go there looking for a fix and believing this hack job repair is the way to go, that's what I hate about that site...

I know a guy (he's a dumbass) but believes everything he reads or sees on the net, his unreasonable reasoning is 'if it's on there it's got to be true' ...
Old 12-29-2021, 06:08 PM   #6
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

They make these for a reason
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9031457B-0C0B-448F-B5B8-122F8E83E3BD.jpg (63.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-29-2021, 06:11 PM   #7
Dabble Inn
Nincompoop Club Member

E-Z-GO

Ohhh I like that LOL
Old 12-29-2021, 07:20 PM   #8
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Ivan needs to take a course on ezgo gas carts. Almost 30,000 people have viewed this.
I have found youtube to be very helpful over the years but I also have common sense. Well, most of the time anyway
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 11:42 AM   #9
Dabble Inn
Nincompoop Club Member

E-Z-GO

'Most of the time' is pretty good LOL, the guy I'm thinking of ain't got a lick .... Unless you ask him of course

Someone needs to leave a comment on there and straighten him out about the goodness of the micro switch, I tried but guess I don't have an account or whatever and too lazy to get into it...

If he leaves it 'idle' for too long or too many times it's going to drain the battery, then out comes the scope again to figure out why LOL
Old 12-30-2021, 12:48 PM   #10
crash12888
Gone Crazy

I actually saw that last night and like you, was saying pedal micro!!
That guy is a tool for suggesting that fix to the customer.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO