lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-26-2020, 06:14 PM   #1
Lopaka55
Not Yet Wild

Default 95 ezgo snapped axle?

Hey guy, I’ve got a 95 ezgo upgraded to alltrax controller and big solenoid f&r rocker switch bigger wires through out and went to 48 volt everything was working fine for testing on jack stands and then... dropped it down for a road test went forward a few feet put it in reverse started to go then heard a pop in the rear end now the motor spins but wheel won’t turn. Am I looking at a broken axel or a spun bearing possibly? I would think it would be to easy to break an axle with one of these ,but I know anything is possible. Also if I push the go pedal down about half way it seems to work fine if I press it to the floor it cuts out?Thank in advance for any help
Lopaka55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-26-2020, 06:36 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 95 ezgo snapped axle?

Take off the wheel covers so you can see the castle nut on the rear axles.

Have some one drive and someone watch the castle nuts as the motor spins but cart doesn't move.

If the castle nut spins on either side, but the wheel doesn't, the hub splines have stripped.

Common EZGO problem, even with stock controllers, motors and tire heights, worse with upgraded carts.

Replace both hubs even if only one is stripped.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 07:14 PM   #3
Lopaka55
Not Yet Wild

Thanks johnnieB hit the nail on the head with that one. I’ve got 2 new hubs on order. Does anyone have a clue on why I don’t have power with the go pedal pushed all the way down?
Old 05-26-2020, 07:30 PM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

You mentioned the F/R switch, so I'll guess it is a series drive instead of a DCS, so you probably have a SR48x00 controller, but not sure if it is a pot-box throttle or ITS type, probably an ITS.

What are the following set to:
KSI On voltage
Under Voltage
Over Voltage

If you can, record a data log at the continuous sampling rate.
You cannot attach the .csv file to a BGW post, so zip it and attach the .zip file.

Other option is somehow manage to watch LED on controller while driving.
It ought to flash an error code when it shuts down at full throttle.
Old 05-26-2020, 07:52 PM   #5
Lopaka55
Not Yet Wild

It’s the sr48400 controller. I ordered it from carts unlimited. I may if found the issue though. I think I accidentally order it default throttle 0-5k instead of for 48 volt eZgo. Would that have anything to do with it? I also it didn’t come with the cable to hook it to a laptop I guess that’s something extra I have to order and maybe try to reprogram it myself?
Old 05-27-2020, 06:20 AM   #6
Sideways
Gone Wild

Lopaka, a printer cable is what I use to hook up to the Alltrax controller.
Sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 10:32 AM   #7
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopaka55 View Post
It’s the sr48400 controller. I ordered it from carts unlimited. I may if found the issue though. I think I accidentally order it default throttle 0-5k instead of for 48 volt eZgo. Would that have anything to do with it? I also it didn’t come with the cable to hook it to a laptop I guess that’s something extra I have to order and maybe try to reprogram it myself?
USB-A to USB-B cable, commonly used for connecting a printer to a USB port.

Download the "Toolkit"software from the Alltrax website and the Toolkit manual. They are free.

The throttle type has to match whatever throttle type the cart has.
Old 05-27-2020, 06:43 PM   #8
Lopaka55
Not Yet Wild

Printer cable worked just fine and downloaded the software and made it for ITS And now it’s working perfectly just need some new hubs. Thanks for the help!
Old 05-27-2020, 06:50 PM   #9
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopaka55 View Post
Printer cable worked just fine and downloaded the software and made it for ITS And now it’s working perfectly just need some new hubs. Thanks for the help!

Thanks fort the feedback.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO