lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-06-2015, 11:00 PM   #1
Dukes001
Not Yet Wild

Smile 12v extra battery for accessories

Hi all

I've been looking on here for awhile trying to find a straight answer on using a 12v battery for accessories (Head lights, tail lights, led under lighting, turn signals, horns, and a 12v outlet.) I know you cannot use a car battery or a lawn mower battery because they are not made to discharge and recharge. Some folks on here have used motorcycle batteries or mobility wheelchair, scooter type batteries. At about 35 ah. My question is what type of battery are you using and how are you charging it and how can I use a marine battery plug and on board chargerto charge it. I'm leaning toward a deep cycle battery but don't want to spend a lot. I feel that rural king exide batteries are junk. I appreciate all you help thank you
Dukes001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-06-2015, 11:47 PM   #2
Gwagon
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 12v extra battery for accessories

Hi Duke, I'm in the process of converting my cart and was wondering the same. Was looking at west marine earlier and found this but not sure if anyone has used or tried this. Good luck. There's alot of info on this site and of course the people here are very helpful.

http://www.westmarine.com/buy/profes...ecs-_-MB-_-PDP
Gwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 11:52 PM   #3
RESCUEMEDIC13
Getting Wild

Club Car

i use a deep cycle battery from Batteries Plus and Bought a Schumacher Speed/Charge Charger. Its a fully automatic charger for all battery types. I run all my cart lights and radio off of extra battery and it will last about 1 week running all lights and radio at the campground. All cart lights are led.
RESCUEMEDIC13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 11:56 PM   #4
Gwagon
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by RESCUEMEDIC13 View Post
i use a deep cycle battery from Batteries Plus and Bought a Schumacher Speed/Charge Charger. Its a fully automatic charger for all battery types. I run all my cart lights and radio off of extra battery and it will last about 1 week running all lights and radio at the campground. All cart lights are led.
Just curious, when did you put the extra battery? bagwell?
Old 01-07-2015, 12:02 AM   #5
Dukes001
Not Yet Wild

Smile Re: 12v extra battery for accessories

Quote:

Thank you. I Will probably do the same. Your cart looks nice.

I have read that you can move the two batteries in the center forward and fit it behind them but I'm not sure.

Thanks you guys!
Dukes001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 12:03 AM   #6
RESCUEMEDIC13
Getting Wild

Club Car

Yes sir, I placed it in the bag well and encased the back in aluminum for aesthetic reasons. Battery was put in a battery box for boats available at Walmart. Battery is accessible by flipping up the rear seat which is hinged. Charging port for battery is in side of aluminum so i don't have to remove battery for every charge. Just plug up when ever needed. Digital meter on dash shows charge of battery pack and extra battery a flip of switch on dash.
Old 01-07-2015, 12:12 AM   #7
Gwagon
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Yes sir, I placed it in the bag well and encased the back in aluminum for aesthetic reasons. Battery was put in a battery box for boats available at Walmart. Battery is accessible by flipping up the rear seat which is hinged. Charging port for battery is in side of aluminum so i don't have to remove battery for every charge. Just plug up when ever needed. Digital meter on dash shows charge of battery pack and extra battery a flip of switch on dash.
Sweet! you wouldn't have a pic of battery casing would you??
Old 01-07-2015, 12:25 AM   #8
RESCUEMEDIC13
Getting Wild

Club Car

I'll post some pics tomorrow afternoon. Kinda late, Don't want to wake up the Mrs.
Old 01-07-2015, 07:16 AM   #9
Great white north
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The best set -up use a deep cycle marine battery approx. ,160 amp/hr
Use in bag well . That way you have enough juice for winch as well
Great white north is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 11:03 AM   #10
Gwagon
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
I'll post some pics tomorrow afternoon. Kinda late, Don't want to wake up the Mrs.
No worries, What size rims/tires do you have? Lift kit?

Gwagon

Tags
12v, extra battery
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car