lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-11-2015, 01:43 PM   #1
Rickybobby
Not Yet Wild

Default Gas club car help please

Hello I have a 04 gas club car. I'm havin an issue with it getting going. When I push the petal it use to take a few minutes to warm up but now nothing. I did notice last night that the wire that is attached to the top of the starter generator gets hot and starts glowing when the petal is pressed. Any and all advice would be appreciated. Thanks
Rickybobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-12-2015, 07:20 PM   #2
pleighdammet
Professional jerry rigger

Club Car

Default Re: Gas club car help please

check all your connections and wires for loose or damaged. ive had mine hesitate to turn over some but always when I run the stereo a lot and drain the battery. couple hours on the charger always fixes it. that wire glowing makes me think you have another problem tho
pleighdammet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 08:56 PM   #3
Rickybobby
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the help. I was thinking that my battery needs to be replaced and was hoping the starter generator doesn't have a problem. It just started happening when the weather cooled down. I will try to get a new battery tomorrow to see if that helps my problem.
Old 02-01-2015, 08:08 PM   #4
Rickybobby
Not Yet Wild

Ok. So I changed the battery and it is doing the same things. Turns over for a few seconds and then stops like the battery is dead. Any advice to the next step to take would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old 02-01-2015, 08:36 PM   #5
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

I would start with disassembling and cleaning all your connections.Usually the condition you are explaining is bad connections,or bad cables,but it could also be that the starter/gen needs repair.You could take it to a starter/alternator shop and have it checked,they will usually do it free,or very cheap.Hope this helps.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 06:37 PM   #6
Rickybobby
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the advice. When I replaced the battery it ran great all weekend. It appeared to be dead yeaterday. I was told by the local shop here to check the voltage regulator. I have the charger on the battery now and will try to troubleshoot after it is fully charged. I'm not quite sure how to check the regulator or if that could be a possible problem. Again thanks for the help and any more advice will certainly be appreciated.
Old 02-10-2015, 10:33 AM   #7
Rickybobby
Not Yet Wild

so now I bought a new voltage regulator and battery went dead again. Took off starter and brought it to local alt shop and they say its fried. I have seen many for sale but heard from my local CC shop that the aftermarkets are not so great. Has anyone had any good/bad experience with these? Where is the best place to get them from? thanks again
Old 02-10-2015, 11:06 AM   #8
pleighdammet
Professional jerry rigger

Club Car

ebay, cant beat the prices. just be sure what youre buying
pleighdammet is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car