lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-06-2015, 03:18 PM   #1
crzycarts
Not Yet Wild

Default needs motor

Im looking where to get new or used good running club car engine, Im building a 57 chevy on a 93 club car frame, but not sure if I half to have the flat head or if I can put the newer engine in it without much trouble, Ive got a couple engines, one has no compression at all, and the other is the one Ive talked about on here about shooting flames out the exhaust, could you tell me a good place or your self to find engines and parts, thank you.
crzycarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-07-2015, 12:21 AM   #2
Pitbull Joe
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: needs motor

http://www.vegascarts.com/
Pitbull Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 09:36 AM   #3
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

On a 93 frame and transaxle, it should use a counter clockwise FE290, (OHV on the valve cover) for direct bolt up.
1992 to 96 - counter clockwise
1997 to present - clockwise

Depending on the damage extent of the engines you have, (KF82 flat heads I presume?) they may be repairable.
If they're FE290's... those can be easily repaired or rebuilt! Or... you could put in a clone as Joe said!

57 bodies are very cool! most I've seen are electric, I'd love to see a 57 gasser!

Kastle Carts 034.jpg
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 09:56 AM   #4
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

with everything Don said, especially the part about being neat to see a gasser with the 57 body kit!

This is just my 2¢, but 93 is in the range of years that is the "holy grail" for engine swaps since the transaxle is the correct rotation for an aftermarket motor. Vegas Carts makes some wicked performance clones at a really reasonable price - I'd be tempted to make the cart's performance match the looks it will have once you get that body on.
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 10:22 AM   #5
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93yellowclubcar View Post
with everything Don said, especially the part about being neat to see a gasser with the 57 body kit!

This is just my 2¢, but 93 is in the range of years that is the "holy grail" for engine swaps since the transaxle is the correct rotation for an aftermarket motor. Vegas Carts makes some wicked performance clones at a really reasonable price - I'd be tempted to make the cart's performance match the looks it will have once you get that body on.

The first thing I though of was the sound of a 57 with a small block and dual exhaust... a V-twin would almost fit that bill!
sadly, he'd have to lift it... and a lifted 57??? that just wouldn't be right!
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 06:18 PM   #6
09MPT1200guy
Getting Wild
Cushman

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockman1 View Post

The first thing I though of was the sound of a 57 with a small block and dual exhaust... a V-twin would almost fit that bill!
I've always wondered about running a vertical shaft engine, to keep the height down, into an ag right angle pto adaptor and then the clutch. Those engines are practically free on Craigslist.
09MPT1200guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 02:50 PM   #7
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockman1 View Post

I'd NEVER lift a classic 57!! Clone engines from Vegas Carts don't require a lift like the big V-twin swaps do.
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 08:08 AM   #8
kantuckian
Gone Wild

Good info on CC Motor Direction
kantuckian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 04:51 PM   #9
rammunition361
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09MPT1200guy View Post
I've always wondered about running a vertical shaft engine, to keep the height down, into an ag right angle pto adaptor and then the clutch. Those engines are practically free on Craigslist.
DO IT! I wanna see pics
rammunition361 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 07:49 PM   #10
nobuckbuild
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

unless of course you go with the gasser look with strait axle front and drag tires on the back and then you can fit the nice vanny monster in there , i also seem to have a 93 with a bad body and a vanny with no place to live , now im getting bad ideas again , seven carts here and none are done and i keep adding more. now i need to find one of those custom bodies cheap
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg th.jpeg (5.0 KB, 0 views)
nobuckbuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car