lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-26-2015, 07:32 PM   #11
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: switch or relay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDLNB View Post
Thanks scottyb, that clears up my confusion. The red wire is just capped off and not used. I misunderstood and thought that there might be a resister on the end that was capped off Based on the diagram, the swap out will be easy. It looks just like my setup. Even though I have a '97 CC DS, apparently my setup is more in the '99 and up category.

Thanks for your patience Sergio. Sometimes, things just don't click as fast when you get older. I used to catch on faster
Ha ha - I used to do a lot of things faster.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-09-2015, 05:14 PM   #12
MDLNB
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: switch or relay?

Ok, today I replaced my three (3) mircro switches attached to the F&R switch. It would have been way too easy to have the cart mechanic do it. I just love these learning experiences, so I like to do something new every once in a while.

Ok, first lesson learned:
The one micro switch came without the wire end terminal connectors. So, since I didn't have any male connectors of the same size as the females on the wiring harness, I had to replace the ones on the wiring harness and add new ones to the bare wires on the micro switch.
Second lesson learned:
When removing the VERY small bolts that thread through all three micro switches into the F&R, you are guaranteed to lose the little nuts that have to fall into the F&R switch. So, I ended up removing the F&R switch and I did find one of the tiny nuts that fell off. The other one went to where ever anything disappears when you drop stuff when working inside a dark compartment. I searched my computer junk box and found one that fit the threads of the bolt but did not seat in the little plastic well of the F&R plastic cover. I used a slightly larger nut as a type of spacer/washer.
Lesson three:
If you are not going to remove the cables bolted to the F&R, be careful when moving it about. I broke the little tin lever on the last micro switch - the new one and had to go back and dissemble the whole thing so that I could put the old one back on. It turned out that that particular one (old one) was the one that was definitely bad. Although, I can still drive the cart around.

Epilogue:
My wife and I went out to Ruby Tuesday for dinner this evening and happen to stop by a golf cart dealership and they had a replacement micro switch for a little over two bucks. I will install it tomorrow, because now I am too embarrassed to call the mechanic.

I also sprayed all the main cable connections on the F&R switch with contact cleaner and will use some WD on them tomorrow. Are we having fun yet?
MDLNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car