lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-25-2015, 02:06 AM   #11
Coastie83
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Speed up 98 ds (series) 48 volt club car

And is the standard controller adjustable on my cart. The cart is only for golf and ATM it's only doing about 5mph. Would be happy with 10-15mph.
Coastie83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-25-2015, 06:23 AM   #12
physcoflip
Getting Wild
Club Car

Welcome to BGW. Stock controller is not adjustable. Check the site sponsors for parts. Scottie B has complete kits available for upgrade. If you can find a 36 volt series motor you will get a 25% increase in torque and speed. What did you use to check your speed? 5 mph is very slow standard cart should be 12-15.
physcoflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 08:52 AM   #13
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

all your parts can be found here : http://www.cartsunlimited.net/
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 10:29 AM   #14
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwagon View Post
Swan, I just converted my 89 resistor to Solid State, minus a larger motor. 12MPH before Conversion, 12MPH after conversion. Still trying to figure if i need to tweek my controlller or not. Batteries are not even a year old.

sorry for hijack

Gwagon
The old saying is wide open throttle is wide open throttle no matter how you get to it. This holds true, run the stock 36v motor on 48v for 33% more speed and torque. This is a major benefit of the solid state conversion. 48v and bigger tires should get that cart into the high teens on the stock motor. Speed motors are available.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 10:56 AM   #15
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Scottyb is exactly right, at WOT there is no difference. A 48v upgrade would do wonders...
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 02:45 PM   #16
tag50
Gone Wild
Club Car

Gwagon- I haven't seen what gauge power cables you're using. Could there be a bottle-neck?

Also I'd double check the linkage to make sure you're getting 100% of that throttle pot before investing in a 48v pack.

I got 14-15 mph (on stock cables) AFTER adjusting to get full range of motion in the multi-step V-glide.

Random thoughts, Good Luck.
tag50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 09:16 PM   #17
Coastie83
Not Yet Wild

Thanks heaps guys. I will look into everyone's suggestions. And I used my gps to get the speed. And I could easily go for a casual jog and keep up with it.
Coastie83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 09:24 PM   #18
CCFanatic
DS Drivers Club Founder

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by tag50 View Post
Gwagon- I haven't seen what gauge power cables you're using. Could there be a bottle-neck?

Also I'd double check the linkage to make sure you're getting 100% of that throttle pot before investing in a 48v pack.

I got 14-15 mph (on stock cables) AFTER adjusting to get full range of motion in the multi-step V-glide.

Random thoughts, Good Luck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastie83 View Post
Thanks heaps guys. I will look into everyone's suggestions. And I used my gps to get the speed. And I could easily go for a casual jog and keep up with it.
Yeah, make sure the wiper arm in the V-Glide is hitting the top contact at WOT. 5mph is REALLY slow. My 99 was a consistent 12-14mph
CCFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car