lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-02-2015, 09:33 AM   #1
clkelley78
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Club Car Golf Cart Question

I purchased a 2014 Club Cart yesterday from a guy and it was only used a few hours, maybe 6-8 hours. I got it home and drove it around the block and seemed to be pretty slow, maybe 6-8 MPH. My wife and daughter where also along for the ride, but none of us are over weight.... I'm not sure if it was fully charged at the time so maybe that's the problem for the slow speed. I put it on the charger last night so I'll see when I get home this afternoon if it's faster. How do you know what the factory setting is on the cart 2,3 or 4? I was reading online about a programmer "Code 5" that will allow the cart to reach speeds up to 23 MPH. It has a LED volt meter that reads about 50-54. Not sure it a fully charged it's supposed to read 100% or is that just volts reading since batteries are 48V? Again, maybe be batteries where low so I'll re-test it tonight.
clkelley78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-02-2015, 09:46 AM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Club Car Golf Cart Question

If it was that slow there is something wrong - like severely discharged batteries. If it's been sitting unused, the batteries my not be very good even though it's not that old. Batteries deteriorate rapidly if they sit discharged.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 09:55 AM   #3
clkelley78
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

The cart was purchased new in Sept. 2014. I was told it was only charged twice so batteries should hold up a lot longer. I'll see when I get home this evening if charge helped out. Another question, when charging should the cart be in tow mode or run? Also the charger had turned off when I check on it this morning. Is it supposed to turn off automatically when it's fully charged?

Thanks,
Chad
Old 03-02-2015, 10:03 AM   #4
Rep
Gone Wild

Club Car

Speaking only to the "holding a charge issue," batteries should be fully charged following every use. Always keep the water levels topped-off, and always fully charge when you can.

Your earlier post referenced a reading of less than 60. That's not good.

Just my opinion. It's likely you can recover because everything is still so now, provided the batteries have not been run completely dead.

Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clkelley78 View Post
The cart was purchased new in Sept. 2014. I was told it was only charged twice so batteries should hold up a lot longer.
Thanks,
Chad
Rep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 10:27 AM   #5
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

You said the meter was reading 50-54 volts, if so that is good. Turning the tow run switch to tow waiting about 10 sec. should re-set the controller. If it still runs slow test the speed sensor by releasing the brake and push the cart. It should beep and try to stop its self. If not the speed sensor may be bad. Start there.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 10:33 AM   #6
greg-g
Gone Wild

You will need to check your serial number but a 2014 may not be an IQ cart, unless it's a rebuild. Check the serial number before getting the code 5. Speed sensor is the first check.
greg-g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 11:14 AM   #7
clkelley78
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I got a copy of the invoice from the original owner. Says model "Intelligent Precedent Cart".
Old 03-02-2015, 11:28 AM   #8
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

If it's only been recharged twice since Sept 2014 it has not been kept at full charge! Batteries self discharge even if you don't drive the cart. Give them a real good full charge and then check them out. Let them sit for an hour or so after finishing the charge and then take a voltage reading on each battery. Post them here and look at the SOC charts. Standard golf carts tend to go about 14MPH.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 11:36 AM   #9
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

First, Post your actual serial number here to determine EXACTLY what cart you have.
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 08:23 PM   #10
clkelley78
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

SN=PH1036 which I believe cart is refurbished 2010 model built on 36 week of 2010. Cart still didn't have full speed so I charging each battery for 30 mins from what I've found online. Then doing a recharge with club cart charger. Will see if this will do the trick. Called dealer where it was purchased and she claimed if it sat for long period without charge batteries will need to be fully charged.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car