lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-04-2015, 01:36 PM   #1
flagman97
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Bucket harness connectors

Getting ready to install basic light kit on my 09 Precedent. Have the bucket harness and have not pulled the dash apart but looking at instructions in preparation. Are there two 12 pin connectors under the dash and if so how are the front light connectors and the bucket harness connectors identified?
flagman97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-04-2015, 02:38 PM   #2
flkeysdude359
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Bucket harness connectors

I have a 2008 1/2 Precedent. I believe CC stopped installing factory bucket harnesses in 2008. So, my cart and I presume yours, was not supplied with a factory installed bucket harness. I had to purchase and install the bucket harness as a separate item. Last year, I installed a basic LED light kit on the front bumper. That light kit assembly came with a shorter, pre-wired harness and included the necessary connections to connect to both the front light and the separately purchased and installed bucket harness. The shorter light harness had to be routed from the back of the dash to the front bumper (for the light) with a on/off switch that had to be mounted to the dashboard. I had to drill a hole for the switch in the dash. I point this out as you need to remove the dash, drill the hole, mount the switch and then reinstall the dash. Make certain, you have clearance at reassembly for the rear of the switch when mounted. Upon reassembly, I didn't have enough clearance and had to relocate and drill a second hole, then have a plate made to cover the first hole...(my bad ...)!!! The short harness then had to be routed back under the floor mat to the battery compartment and connected to the bucket harness which was now wired into the battery pack (you should actually use a 48 to 12v voltage reducer on the battery pack...try ScottyB and Carts Unlimited...). If you chose NOT to use a voltage reducer, make the wrong connections and fry the light, you're probably going to be SOL. The aftermarket bucket harness also had connections for rear tail lights, if so desired.

After all of this, I don't know what you have purchased for a basic light kit. I would have expected the correct harness and connections would have/should have been provided with your kit...???

Hope this helps... BTW, where are you in CT...???
flkeysdude359 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 02:51 PM   #3
flkeysdude359
Gone Wild
Club Car

CC light wiring diagram.pdf

Don't know it this will work...I don't do this often...
Old 03-04-2015, 02:52 PM   #4
flkeysdude359
Gone Wild
Club Car

Looks like it did...hope this helps...!!!
Old 03-04-2015, 07:37 PM   #5
flkeysdude359
Gone Wild
Club Car

Whoops...! My old memory seems to be fading...

Checking the wiring diagram, the short (light) harness / bucket harness connection is behind the dash and the harness is snaked down the passenger side and into the chase under the floormat...
Old 03-06-2015, 12:32 PM   #6
flagman97
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks for the info. And I am in the Norwich area.
flagman97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car