lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-01-2015, 01:55 PM   #11
Harleyx3
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Setup Improvments for offroad

Thank you sir. So is the charger I have a one two or three stage charger? Also do I just check each battery with a volt meter or check positive from one battery and negative from another?
Harleyx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-01-2015, 03:03 PM   #12
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harleyx3 View Post
Thank you sir. So is the charger I have a one two or three stage charger? Also do I just check each battery with a volt meter or check positive from one battery and negative from another?
It is a single stage charger (ferroresonant transformer design)
Here is a manual for it.

For the individual batteries, from one post to the other one the same battery.
For the whole pack, from the main negative post to the main positive post.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf PW Charger manual.pdf (3.02 MB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 06:54 AM   #13
Harleyx3
Not Yet Wild

So I went home and looked and the tires are the under 15psi on the front and under 10 psi on the rear. Also I charged the battery 4 hours and while it was on the charger it read 43.3 volts. After it shut off and sat for 30 minutes the battery pack was 38.91 with each battery being 6.47, 6.46, 6.52, 6.50, 6.48, 6.47. This morning the pack reads 38.43. I put it back on charge and will test again in 12 hours.
Old 04-02-2015, 08:11 AM   #14
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

The battery voltages are looking pretty good.

A 100% SoC is 2.137 VPC (Volts per Cell), or 38.47V for a 36V pack, so your PW+ appears to be adequately charging them.

I'd give the batteries a few more back-to-back charges over the next few weeks and then about once a month thereafter.

------------
The 10PSI max inflation pressure tires on the rear could very well be the source of the mechanical drag that is holding back your cart and the 15PSI max inflation pressure tires on the front are probably a contributing factor.

Some tires have a Bead Seating Pressure stamped on the sidewall in addition to the Max Inflation Pressure, so don't exceed the bead seating pressure, but one way of determining if it is the tires holding the cart back is to temporarily kick them up to about 20 PSI (or the Bead Seating Pressure -- whichever is lower) and see if the speed and hill performance improves.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 08:43 AM   #15
Harleyx3
Not Yet Wild

Johnnie thank you so much. You have been a big help. I love this forum already.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO