lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-14-2015, 12:20 PM   #11
PuttPutt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 02 club car precedent 48v wont run

Jack the rear wheels up off the ground while trouble shooting this so you don't have a mishap.

And if it is a wire pulled off the motor use two wrenches on the stud to prevent the stud from turning or you will have bigger problems to deal with.
PuttPutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-14-2015, 01:27 PM   #12
abel888
Not Yet Wild

It was working fine before i put it to charge...someone told me the obs might be bad because you can see a burn spot on the obc could that keep it from running? Like i said i have bypassed the solenoid and nothing and if i apply ground to the post were the blue/white wire goes i can get the solenoid to click when i turn the key on but still wont go
abel888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 01:41 PM   #13
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by abel888 View Post
when i press the pedal no click and voltage stays the same...i have tried bypassing the solenoid big posts and it still doesnt move
Really? Bypass as in both big cables were connected and the cart did not run in F or R ? This does sound like maybe a loose or broken high amperage connection possibly.

Correction. One other condition that has to be met to run is 48v+ power to controller small pin #1 - usually same circuit as solenoid activation. Did you say the solenoid won't click?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 01:51 PM   #14
PuttPutt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

burned spot on OBC?Lets go back to the question about the charging system working.

When you plug in the charger what does the amp gauge on the charger do?

Watch it for a full minute. two to ten seconds Comes on goes off comes back on needle at 15 amps? Nothing? comes on stays on?

ok I'm heading to the bleachers to watch this one.
Old 05-14-2015, 02:07 PM   #15
abel888
Not Yet Wild

When i plug my charger in nothing happens.....and yes i connected both big posts in the solenoid and nothing,,,i can get the solenoid to click if i apply a ground to the small post were the blue/white wire goes and when i turn the key on then the solenoid clicks but i press the pedal and nothing i havent checked the pin#1 at controller for voltage ill do that next
Old 05-14-2015, 06:17 PM   #16
abel888
Not Yet Wild

Ok so I checked voltage at pin #1 I'm getting 1.023 volts and even if I apply 48v to it cart still won't move...should I be checking voltage to pin #1 with the pedal pressed?
Old 05-14-2015, 06:34 PM   #17
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

If You posted the serial number of the cart it would help, if it is a 2002 with a blue/white wire that clicks the solenoid when negative is applied to it, it is most likely an DS IQ, not precedent or Series cart.

The correct procedure to by-pass the OBC for testing is to unplug the 6 pin OBC connector and jump the Red with the Blue wire on the harness side connector.

Yes, a bad OBC would cause the cart to not charge or run.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 06:58 PM   #18
abel888
Not Yet Wild

Serial# AQ0231-174558. So jump the red and blue on the connector that goes to controller?
Old 05-14-2015, 07:04 PM   #19
abel888
Not Yet Wild

Sergio I jumped the blue and red wires on the connector going to the controller and it WORKED MAN .... now my question is can I leave it jumped like that since I charge my batteries individually or will this harm any electronics?
Old 05-14-2015, 07:09 PM   #20
PuttPutt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Ser # should be on the frame under the dash just right of the steering column.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car