lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-10-2015, 10:46 AM   #11
chriskent85
Gone Wild

Default Re: ezgo won't go faster than 7mph

its the speed sensor, if you unhook the speed sensor and plug it back up it will take off like normal until it realizes that the speed sensor is bad and then slow down, It will not take off again fast until you unplug the speed sensor again. I know this because I went thru this same issue last year even after replacing with new speed sensors from nivel but they were all bad, I got an OEM one and it worked perfect
chriskent85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-10-2015, 11:39 AM   #12
do44101
Not Yet Wild

Chriskent85, I just did your test and yes it will take off every time then slow down, i guess i will buy a speed sensor, thanks for the help, i will let you know if it works.
do44101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 11:50 AM   #13
chriskent85
Gone Wild

your welcome
Old 06-10-2015, 05:16 PM   #14
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Before you do that, run cart and stop it but don't lock brakes. Now push it, if it starts beeping the speed sensor is probably okay. Also put it in diag mode and see what it tells you. Key off, rock FnR from n to r 5 times then back to n. It should beep 1-4 times to tell you what mode you are in. Now drive it and listen for beeps. Should give you a failure code..
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 02:33 PM   #15
do44101
Not Yet Wild

Kgsc, i did push the cart, no beeps, and i wasn't getting a code from diag mode, but i had a new speed sensor form ezgo so i swapped it out, now it does the same thing, goes fast then drops down, put it on tow mode, switch it back and it does the same thing again, push the cart still no beeps, but now in drag mode its telling me its a i have a bad sensor, i checked the magnet 3 times and it is good..any advise on where to look next?
do44101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 03:11 PM   #16
chriskent85
Gone Wild

keep in mind i went thru 4 speed sensor before i got on that worked.
Old 06-15-2015, 03:14 PM   #17
chriskent85
Gone Wild

Might be better to buy an altrax controller. It gets ride of the speed sensor all together. but then again if its not the speed sensor then what else could it be, Its supposed to been when you push it with the key on, If it doesnt ive always been told its the sensor
Old 06-15-2015, 03:39 PM   #18
mpollard1990
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Don't the pds carts have like a Hall effect switch under the gas pedal? Maybe it's bad?
mpollard1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 07:34 PM   #19
stang99x
Gone Wild

You need a new speed sensor. 8mph is limp mode when the controller gets no signal or intermittent signal. It's on the passenger side on the end of the motor
stang99x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 01:49 PM   #20
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Check the connections on the controller itself and make sure that is making up..
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO