lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-11-2015, 01:18 PM   #1
komtrax
Not Yet Wild

Default Carryall 2 Secondary Clutch Setting

2001 Carryall 2 with FE350 engine.
Dis-assembled Driven clutch to replace worn out clutch buttons, marking the holes that spring tips were in (I think it was B-2). After installing new buttons...
Installed spring in same holes. While barely engaging key in both pieces, pretensioned spring by turning helix (tightening spring) until it was passed the first button. Pushed helix down and let spring return helix against the button. Installed snap ring. Install assy back on cart.
Now, cart takes off as soon as engine cranks.
Is this the proper way to pretension?
What is the proper setting for the spring?
komtrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-15-2015, 07:24 AM   #2
komtrax
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Carryall 2 Secondary Clutch Setting

Does it make sense to anyone what I am asking?
When re-assembling the secondary clutch and putting spring back in to the original setting (B-2), do I twist the hub with helix installed on the tip of key (tightening the spring) until it is on the backside of the first hub ramp or do I twist to the 2nd available ramp tightening the spring even more?
komtrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car