lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-27-2015, 02:02 PM   #31
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 30 mph txt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve A View Post
OK after reading about all the bearing problems at D&D, should I just send mine to plum quick? Instead of buying a D&D. There are a lot of unhappy people with D&D. Finding unhappy plum quick owners is difficult. Thanks Steve
I'm not aware of D&D motors having bearing problems, or people unhappy with their D&D motors.

Can you provide links to threads or articles about these issues?
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-27-2015, 02:31 PM   #32
TerryH
Let's go racin' boyz!!

E-Z-GO

I've also had nothing but good experiences with D&D and haven't heard of bearing issues. Plum Quick can certainly provide a good motor as well.
TerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 10:08 PM   #33
Steve A
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Sorry working to much. Anyway all I did was Google d&d electric motors and started reading. That's when I came in here and asked if I should just send it to PA instead.everything but the motor is on the way.sold be doing over 30 by next weekend. I will post the results and radar speeds.. thanks
Steve A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 09:20 AM   #34
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve A View Post
Sorry working to much. Anyway all I did was Google d&d electric motors and started reading. That's when I came in here and asked if I should just send it to PA instead.everything but the motor is on the way.sold be doing over 30 by next weekend. I will post the results and radar speeds.. thanks
Try D&D Motor Systems (Located in Syracuse, NY). Entirely different company than D&D Electric Motors Located in Lindenhurst NY)

There is also a D&D Motors that has some negative reviews, but it is a used car sales.

Good luck on the build.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 12:45 PM   #35
Steve A
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Lol that's why I asked. Thanks
Steve A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 11:49 PM   #36
Jmzvet
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Old thread but trying to decide on a new motor. Admiral B2 or D&D?
I do about 20mph on the flats but live in a very hilly neighborhood and slow to about 10mph on the steepest roads.
All input is appreciated.
Thanks
Jmzvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 12:09 AM   #37
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Assuming TXT PDS or TXT48, both sepex drive systems use the Admiral A2 motor with Alltrax XCT 400-500 amp controller.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 01:55 AM   #38
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

And about the bearing thing, IMO, it works like this- a bearing is subjected to a job, a well balanced armature, no matter where it came from, will put similar loads on that bearing. Also just opinion, there are 2 sources of bearing, cheap China stuff, and "all other sources". Cheap junk is just that. I don't keep track of just where every motor place sources their bearings. Decent bearings can be found lots of places. Not a dig on D&D for bearings either, I honestly never had a d&d motor bearing fail (had other reasons for my opinion on their motors).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO