lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-06-2016, 08:12 PM   #11
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Alltrax XCT custom controller & throttle settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
The Alltrax controller is a piece of cake to set up with the Laptop app. The manual explains how to modify the throttle curve and you can dial the max, min voltage and max current settings with your mouse. I think it's a great product!
I know, right. There is an online PDF that shows EXACTLY what each adjustment is and how to set it up. I don't what this guy is talking about? Go here > http://www.alltraxinc.com/files/DOC1...ORS-MANUAL.pdf

Another reason most people don't have custom program settings to suggest is the XCT controls are set up for most peoples' needs right out of the box. And if they bought form cartsunlimited.net they got custom throttle curve and ramp.
Now some people change that but they haven't posted yet - they must be too busy driving! LOL
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-06-2016, 10:59 PM   #12
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

I've been very pleased so far with the Alltrax software. I was also very pleased with the tech I spoke with over the phone. Very knowledgable and professional.
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 09:44 AM   #13
travis_slim
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
I know, right. There is an online PDF that shows EXACTLY what each adjustment is and how to set it up. I don't what this guy is talking about? Go here > http://www.alltraxinc.com/files/DOC1...ORS-MANUAL.pdf
If you are trying to learn how to program the Alltrax XCT Controllers I would suggest this PDF instead. It covers more about each specific settings and its effect on the cart. It is a little dated because the software has some small changes since it was created but overall it is very good.

http://alltraxinc.com/files/Doc113-0...kit_Manual.pdf
travis_slim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 10:27 AM   #14
Stripes136
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Does anyone know if the USB cable can be left plugged in at all times on the cart?
Stripes136 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 10:36 AM   #15
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I have left it plugged in for days while developing my throttle curves. I don't see any harm - it's just an extension.
Old 03-07-2016, 11:11 AM   #16
Stripes136
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
I have left it plugged in for days while developing my throttle curves. I don't see any harm - it's just an extension.
Thanks Scotty
Stripes136 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 11:19 AM   #17
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Come to think of it I see USB cable caps for like $.25
Old 03-07-2016, 04:10 PM   #18
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I leave mine plugged because it's too hard to get at it when my cart is all together. I wrap the cable up and put it in a plastic bag when I am not using it.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 05:04 PM   #19
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You Gotta Love EZGO, Lift seat plug in cable, lower seat
Old 03-08-2016, 11:53 PM   #20
Aauman88
Gone Wild

I have PQ Bandit motor, XCT500 controller, 400a solenoid and 2ga cables throughout in my 08 Precedent. I turned the controller down today to limit it to 30mph and it has enough torque to spin tires on concrete. I have no body on it now so I can turn around and see the motor when I gas it and I wouldn't feel good about running anymore torque because I see the torque twist. Oh and all this is on a 4x12v setup that is almost 2yrs old. David (TahoeDawg) knows his stuff and is who I bought from

I have no issues sharing what mine is but when I know it's risky to turn those RPM's I'm not going to list it and have someone blame me when it goes ka-boom

Amperage and set points are pretty good stock and I'm still playing with it to see where I like it at before posting my setup in that thread. But it's very easy to disable the speed limit which doesn't monitor motor RPM's. Or you can max out RPM and test run it. Turn down few hundred RPM's at a time until your happy with the speed. But remember the motors are designed for certain RPM's
Aauman88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
xct400 xct500 xct500
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car