lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-31-2016, 08:46 PM   #11
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Time for a new motor.

Scottyb thought about that and already have the HD relay from the current system. The wiring is doable just a lot of work.. I am going to make some phone calls and see what options I have but may have to break the news to the owner if you want to crawl it may cost you.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-17-2016, 02:06 PM   #12
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Well figured I would finally update this thread with the results. I made some phone calls to D&D, Plum Quick and EMP. All said they could probably build something that would meet my needs. I ended up going with EMP because they were able to build one that has a thermostat built in that can be wired to do something if the motor got too hot. Model I ordered was a ZQS48-3.8-Ta-LR. I did not have a core worth sending to them so that was a loss but the one I had wasn't worth the trip to them. May use it as an anchor

With this setup I was able to wire in a 5 pin relay that if the motor got too hot, it closes the relay which will light up a red led under the seat next to the controller and it also drops out the charger interlock circuit so the cart will shutdown until it cools off. I did not get out the GPS but top speed is high teens I would guess and has plenty of torque to get this heavy beast moving. Loaded the custom hex map I was sent and tweaked some acceleration settings and good to go. Road it around going as slow as I could and multiple stop and goes but motor was cool to the touch.

Its back to the parades and no issues reported..
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 12:23 PM   #13
davewil@mc.net
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

AMD makes a very high torque mid speed motor that works on 36 and 48 volts. It has a double set of brushes.
I have one I expect to sell in a few weeks as I am switching it for a high speed motor. Only 6 months old.
New cost was $664 plus shipping.
I will probably sell for about $475.

AMD (Advanced) Golf Cart Motor EY7-4001 (326, E-Z-Go & Yamaha (Sepex), High Torque, Mid-range Speed
Product Code: MOT-EY7-4001

Description
Features include:
SepEx Motor with Regen
12-hp@1300 rpm @ 36 volts
Double Brush set (8 brushes total)
High torque motor
Requires upgraded controller like the DCX500
For maximum performance, safety, and durability, a minimum of 4 gauge cables throughout the cart & heavy duty solenoid are required.
19 Tooth Female Spline
10" housing length, 12" including the sensor.

If you might be interested email me at davewil@mc.net
davewil@mc.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO