lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-25-2016, 01:04 PM   #1
vonjet
Not Yet Wild

Default 2009 RXV Headlights/Stereo question

2009 RXV. I am currently rebuilding it. I have 4 12Volt 1275s.
I would like to know what is the best way to wire the headlights and stereo system.
I use to carry a separate battery under the seat for the stereo only but would like to ask the experts here on a better way to set this cart up.
If its a converter can someone recommend one to purchase that will fit this cart and can I run the headlights and stereo off the converter?

Thanks
vonjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-25-2016, 02:22 PM   #2
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2009 RXV Headlights/Stereo question

I'm not gonna endorse a converter but I will say I have had good luck with the ones bearing the madjax label.

As for your questions, YES, you definitely want to either run a separate battery or a converter on these RXV's. If you are going to have it switched on with the keyswitch, make sure you run the switch leg of the converter to the switched large pole of the solenoid, DO NOT TAP INTO THE HARNESS.

Yes, you can run any 12v accessory off the converter. I usually suggest the converter feed a fuse panel and run all your accessories from there.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 02:22 PM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: 2009 RXV Headlights/Stereo question

a 48v to 12v dc convertor is a good solution. many site sponsors offer different models, and i also have had great luck with the DPI Dc/Dc convertors.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO