lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-02-2016, 08:43 PM   #11
WVHarley
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Default Re: Pyle Marine Grade Radios

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike484 View Post
I'm wanting to mount it in the ball holder, since the cart will never see a golf course again, the ball holder is just an ugly spot on the dash.
We are all here to help each other
Check this out.
http://www.customspeakerpods.com/199...00-00-05-A.htm
WVHarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-02-2016, 08:54 PM   #12
mike484
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

That's a great alternative to mounting in the dash, thanks.
mike484 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 10:06 PM   #13
general01
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVHarley View Post
We are all here to help each other
Check this out.
http://www.customspeakerpods.com/199...00-00-05-A.htm
I think I may do this on my next ezgo build.

I also agree on the you get what you pay for matto.
general01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 11:56 PM   #14
mike484
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Obviously, in everything you purchase, you get what you pay for, I already realize this. I'm not offended by the answer, just feel as though it's not what I was asking.

Back to the original post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike484 View Post
Does anyone have any experience with the Pyle brand of marine radios.
I am looking at installing a radio in my cart and know I want marine grade. There are several on Amazon but the price is relatively low for a radio so I'm not sure of the quality. I only need a radio for some enjoyment while using the cart, I'm not looking for one to blast the neighborhood with.
I'm asking about a particular brand or possibly an alternative. We use our cart while at RV parks and don't need something high end that will blast the sound throughout the entire park, just want something so I will have a radio in the cart without being thrown out of the RV park. It's not about trying to save a few bucks. Why buy a $250 radio if a $100 radio will serve the purpose for what I'm needing.
Old 11-03-2016, 02:33 AM   #15
my1423
Gone Wild

Older pyle were cheap import junk. I do not think they have improved that much.

Imo forget mounting a radio and get yourself a work site radio or boombox.
You wont get kicked out for the volume and its portable.
Drive to where you want and take the tunes with you.
Not as much bass as an installed radio.
I have seen many varieties. Makita, Dewalt, bosh, and Sony seem to be the most popular.
Probably because they all come with tool kits and use the batteries and chargers from them.

My neighbor has an older sony boom box that is water resistant and it sounds pretty good. He made a little shelf to mount it and installed a car cigarette socket to power it.

If you want loads of sound and want to be the center of the party then install a deck ect.

OR it you want to go millennial, Install a phone dock and 2 or more bluetooth pool speakers that are linkable.
my1423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 10:25 AM   #16
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

We installed a bunch of the Pyle systems last year and the year before, perhaps 8 of them - and ALL except one have failed in the interim. We have since swapped out to this unit and have had EXCELLENT luck with them, FAR better sound quality and output, Bluetooth works flawlessly, and as a nice extra the remote control head actually clips solidly into the ball holder on EZGO's so as with the Pyle, no need for cutiing, mods, etc:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Another GREAT low-cost option for speakers are the MCM 8" Wakeboard cans, bass is GREAT for the price point and they sound quite nice at all volume levels (and with the above amp installed bridged, they can really kick for a $200-ish system). The pics below show the Kenwood controller in the ball holder on an install we recently did, and the second pic is a down-and-dirty easy way to install the wakeboard cans (you'll need a 36" section of 1 3/8" steel tubing from Menards, Home Depot, etc and that's it)

20160910_181449.jpg

20160910_181411.jpg

One note, when installing this little amp, don't be fooled by the size - it sounds best when the power supply wire is a minimum of 12g (better 8 or 10) run directly to the battery w a fuse - trying to power it off of the standard cart wiring will result in a lot less headroom and substandard sound.
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 10:50 AM   #17
mike484
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks Brew City.

I'm actually looking for a full radio that will fill the ball holder spot. Right now I'm leaning towards a JVC or Kenwood. I was surprised at the positive reviews that some of the Pyle systems had as compared to the negative reviews on some of their other products. The cost sounded too good to be true too so I was wondering if anyone here had any experience with them. Looks like Pyle is not the way to go.
Old 11-04-2016, 11:05 AM   #18
bird6246
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

something to think about is are you going to be listening to FM stations, and where would you be doing that? Because you wont have a regular antenna, unless you mount a metal tab to the frame, and mount the antenna on that. The "no ground needed" antennas i haven't had much success with. Now if you just want to use your MP3, Get a bluetooth MP3 player and use your phone. But Pyle is an okay headunit, i would go with the kenwood, That face cover is really nice to have, and the speakers are night and day compared to pyle.
bird6246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 12:12 PM   #19
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

We stopped installing full radios because with the jolting, shocks, etc that most offroad carts get they tend to develop issues, mainly with the CD transports (that of course will vary depending on how You use or drive your cart) - You may still want to consider the overall "waterproof" factor, too if Your cart gets left outside at all, most Marine radios are "splashproof" but without a cover will not do good with a soaking rain, just a thought ...
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 12:42 PM   #20
mike484
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Mine is stored indoors in a hangar, when away from the airport, it is covered.
I dont use it for rough terrain and I wont get a CD player (thats almost like getting an 8-track). I have more digital music than I can ever listen to.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO