lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-06-2016, 04:37 PM   #1
Mpugh
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Another ezgo wont go

Hello everyone ! I have a ezgo cart i believe TXT. This is my first cart it has been working fine then all at once nothing. It had been modified before i got it so factory diagrams are not making much scene to me ( wire colors), plus im new to electric carts.

It is 48v with a Alltrax axe 4865 ITS controller with a HD F/R switch.
Reading through the sticky post and trying to diagnose the problem i believe the solenoid is good. I get 50.9v pack voltage through it to the controller when the pedal is pressed. The controller also flashes green 4 times then lights up green and changes to amber at full throttle like Ive read it should.

Ive read the sticky post on testing the factory controllers should testing the Alltrax be the same? Or what should i be testing from here?
Thanks for any help Mike
Mpugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-07-2016, 09:46 AM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Another ezgo wont go

The pin numbering is different on the AXE than it is on the stock series controller, so the wire colors on the stock schematic don't match what you see in your cart.

Attached is a schematic on an AXE controller in a EZGO series drive cart. The wire colors on it should match what you have in your carts.

Since the controller is powering up when you push the pedal, you are getting B+ to the solenoid coil. Does it click when pedal is pushed? If so, you probably have an open somewhere in the high current circuit.

Lift rear tires off the ground and put on jackstands so the half ton cart doesn't take off unexpectedly and run over someone or something.

Connect your DVM's negative test lead to the B- terminal on top of the AXE controller and the positive test lead to the M- terminal.

With the charger disconnected from cart, keyswitch on and direction selector in either F or R, press pedal just far enough to make solenoid click and you should read FULL battery pack voltage (50.9V).

If not, move the positive test lead to the studs on F/R switch assembly. They should all have FULL battery pack voltage on them.
If not, the F/R switch is most likely bad.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EZGO Series.JPG (158.6 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 10:44 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Controller LED is indicating power up and good throttle signal so - sending power to the motor when the pedal is depressed. My first suspect in this not too uncommon complaint is an F&R contact failure. You can test the contacts for continuity as shown with an ohmΩ meter.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0.1Ezgo F&R cam test.jpg (112.8 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 01:24 PM   #4
Mpugh
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks guys when I get home this afternoon I'll do some more testing. I was looking on carts unlimited last night and my cart does have the super duty reversing contactor on the f/r switch. Thanks again Mike
Old 11-07-2016, 01:31 PM   #5
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

With a 650A controller, a super-duty reversing contactor would be a very wise move.

The mechanical F/R switch is a weak point in your setup.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 01:43 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Right on- notice JohnnieB said super duty not heavy duty
Old 11-07-2016, 02:04 PM   #7
Mpugh
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Yea that's what I was meaning to say It already has the super duty installed on it now. I just didn't know what it was called last night when I made my first post.
Thanks
Old 11-07-2016, 02:38 PM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

So the cart does not have the HD F&R stated it has the super duty reversing contactor installed?
Old 11-07-2016, 03:41 PM   #9
Mpugh
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Yes it does have the super duty reversing contactor installed now. Sorry for the confusion I didn't know what it was called when I made the first post. Thanks
Old 11-07-2016, 08:29 PM   #10
Mpugh
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Ok guys just checked with dvm on controller, negative on b- pos to m- read 1.7v.

Negative on controller b- to all post on the sd reversing contactor read full pack voltage.
Both was read with key on peddle pressed just enough to engage solenoid.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO