lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-27-2016, 06:10 PM   #1
ACMEBTDT
Not Yet Wild

Default EZGO XI881 Rear Axle Problem

I just picked up at auction an EZGO XI881 Cargo Carrier. I brought it back to my shop and swapped some batteries into it from another cart I have. Result-NOTHING. Diagnosed the problem, replaced the solenoid, now I have forward and reverse power, BUT...the rear axle is shot. These are the chances one takes when buying this stuff at public auction.

Anyway, several questions.

Before you get started, you need to know I want this to be a down and dirty lowest cost fix.

Is there anyplace out there to get used internal transaxle and differential parts at a reasonable price? The input shaft and the counter gear both have gnarly teeth for about 1/3 of their respective width across the gear surface. Should I try using them? Also missing the 2 spider gears and the pin. I have the spider gears on the axle shafts.

I have a donor EZGO electric GOLF Cart that has a good rear axle assembly with the motor. Is this a viable swap? I'm asking because the XI881 has 5 lug axles and the GOLF Cart has 4 lug axles. Can I do the swap and then swap the axle shafts? Does it make sense to do with that much concern for detail.

Would the motors and gear ratios be compatible if I did a swap?
ACMEBTDT is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-27-2016, 10:19 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: EZGO XI881 Rear Axle Problem

As far as I know, Yours is the super HD version of this axle. Has taper bearings for wheel bearings, special brakes. Expensive for parts. Not sure about parts interchange for the center parts. They look the same, but I don't see enough to guarantee. I think the "center diff" parts will interchange. Also, some of the input shaft s are different due to an " extended bushing" area that protrudes into the motor armature shaft further than the common 19-spline motors you see for average golf carts. Sorry I don't have pics to add :(. A motor removal should ld be up anyway, to grease the motor splines (grease the motor splines is a good idea on any used cart you buy).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 05:24 PM   #3
ACMEBTDT
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: EZGO XI881 Rear Axle Problem

Before posting this I had already removed the motor, pulled the input shaft and dropped the pan. That is how I was able to give a detailed analysis. In the next few days I will count the splines on the input shaft and also drag out my donor cart to do a closer side by side comparison of the components. I would still like to know of the best places to get new and used replacement parts. Thanks.
ACMEBTDT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axle, counter gear, differential, input shaft, transaxle
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO