lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-01-2017, 12:30 PM   #1
seanb97072
Not Yet Wild

Default Brand new steeleng 14" rims and 23"tires ride like crap !!

I bought a set of new rims and tires 14 on 23 from steeeng 3 months ago, and just installed them last week and the are all 4 out of round, I've taken them to the tire shop and they balanced them and still didn't help. I've changed the tires pressure and that didn't help either. I call steeling and they won't do anything since there 3 months old. But yet I haven't used them I sent them a ton of photos of them there brand new.... can anyone help ??
seanb97072 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-01-2017, 01:00 PM   #2
stick101
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Brand new steeleng 14" rims and 23"tires ride like crap !!

I know exactly how you feel. I have the 12x23 and they are out of round as well. Just been dealing with it. No fixing it without a different tire. I work at at dealership and have tried everthing. Sucks I know!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
stick101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 03:09 PM   #3
Seaquell
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Some places can actually true a tire by trimming the outer surface, the classic car guy next door told me about it.

I took my belt sander and ground down the worst spots and it helps!
Seaquell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 03:14 PM   #4
silver surf
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

That sucks I just order a set of 14'wheels and tires from them today. I hope mine aren't the same way
silver surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 03:18 PM   #5
55BigBlock
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaquell View Post
Some places can actually true a tire by trimming the outer surface, the classic car guy next door told me about it.

I took my belt sander and ground down the worst spots and it helps!
Back in the day truing tires was commonplace. You might try finding an old school tire store and see if they can do it. The other possibility is some type of jig and a belt sander like Seaquell said.

I found this:
http://www.fourwheeler.com/how-to/wh...ncing-shaving/
55BigBlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 05:04 PM   #6
seanb97072
Not Yet Wild

Good luck. QUOTE=silver surf;1357611]That sucks I just order a set of 14'wheels and tires from them today. I hope mine aren't the same way[/QUOTE]
seanb97072 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 05:28 PM   #7
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55BigBlock View Post
Back in the day truing tires was commonplace. You might try finding an old school tire store and see if they can do it.
I still have it done , in fact im going friday . Need 4 new tires on my dully 22570R19.5 G. I always have them trued and balanced to the truck. No need for rotate ties after that. The key is if you take the tire off , the wheel goes back on the same lug stem to keep it aligned.

They have what looks like a small lathe . they jack up the truck and place a powered roller on the tire to keep it spinning , then come in with the shaver and it skims across until its round . mean while you look on the ground and see 5 to 10 thousand miles worth of fine cutter rubber shavings . This will be the 3rd time I have had it done over the years .

Now i dont think they could do a golf cart for it being so light , plus no front brakes to hold you in place when they do the rear .
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 05:30 PM   #8
sst23
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I have the same problem with wheels and tires I bought from Steeleng. I have 12" rims with 20" tires. I bought my golf cart in November as a project for winter (I live in Illinois). A couple weeks ago after putting my lift and tires on something didn't look right and the ride was horrible so I took them off and put them all side by side. (see photo below). I called them up and sent photos. They ask what the tire pressure was set to which it was 15psi. They said they were suppose to be at 20psi so set them to that and see if it helps, then to let them know. I sent pic @ 20psi which didn't make a difference and haven't heard from them in over a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sst23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 05:35 PM   #9
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

What make of tires are they?
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 05:43 PM   #10
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

i guess it would be hard to find any tires that weren't Chinese made
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO