lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-06-2017, 03:35 AM   #1
Bdlebo
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 2010 ezgo txt 48v no solenoid click no movement

Just upgraded my 2010 EZGO TXT 48v with new Alltrax XCT 500 amp controller along with the monster sized SW200 solenoid EV Drives paired with it. I also replaced stock wires with new 2 gauge wiring. Wired everything according to what Alltrax diagram shows. I turn key switch on the controller lights up to a solid "green". However, when I put the switch in forward there is no movement or click from the solenoid. Same thing when I put it in reverse, no movement, but it does emit the solid beep sound. I checked voltage on large solenoid terminals and it reads the same for both. Checked small terminals as well and they read same voltage as large terminals. When I depress pedal with key and run/tow switch on and volt meter hooked up, there is no variation in voltage readings. (Not sure if there should be or not) Any suggestions? Possibly wired something wrong, bad new solenoid or failed to hook something up? Also, there is a gray colored wire coming off of the charging block that is cut and used to go to the "positive" side of battery pack. Cart worked before without it prior to controller/solenoid upgrade. Should I reconnect? New to all this, so any suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Lebo
Bdlebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-06-2017, 12:44 PM   #2
Bdlebo
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 2010 ezgo txt 48v no solenoid click no movement

UPDATE: Additionally I found that when I turn the key on and roll the cart back and forth, the solenoid clicks and the cart emits a beeping sound. This is racking my brain!
Old 03-07-2017, 02:29 PM   #3
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

The symptom is that the solenoid does not click when pedal is pushed, so problem is in the solenoid activation circuit. (Looking at the high current circuit at this point is chasing your tail.)

The solenoid clicks when cart is pushed (Walkaway Safety function) so the solenoid and that part of the controller is good.

LED turns a solid green without a computer connect to controller via the USB port, am I correct?

If so, the Run/Tow switch and Keyswitch are working.

That leaves the pedal switch and F/R switch.

Oops, you said beeper sounds when F/R is in R, so the F/R switch is good, or at least the R side of it.

Measure the voltage on Pin-6. Should go to full battery pack voltage(~51V when fully charged) when pedal is pushed.

While you are there, also check Pins 5 and 9 for full battery pack voltage.

-------
The grey wire is a battery temperature sensor and is not needed to run cart.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 05:19 PM   #4
Bdlebo
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Yes, LED on controller flashes green 4 times when key is turned on and then goes to a solid green. Ill check the pins and let you know how I make out. I appreciate the info very much.
Old 03-07-2017, 05:23 PM   #5
Bdlebo
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Additionally, when I have the laptop hooked up to the controller it's not indicating any errors under the "Monitor" tab when I go through the process of turning the key on and pressing the pedal. Also no errors indicated when I manually push the cart and make the solenoid click and beeper beep.
Old 03-07-2017, 05:32 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Just for grins try reconnecting the gray wire to the battery pack +
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 05:47 PM   #7
Bdlebo
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Ok, tested the wires at the harness. Pins 5 & 9 both show 51.4. Tested pin 6 with key on pedal depressed, with and without F/R switch. Readings there showing 0.00

Reconnected gray wire as well and no change.
Old 03-07-2017, 05:50 PM   #8
Bdlebo
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Tested green wire right at the micro switch and it goes from 0 to 51.4 when pedal is depressed.
Old 03-07-2017, 05:53 PM   #9
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Either pack voltage isn't getting to the pedal switch, or isn't getting from pedal switch to controller Pin-6, or the pedal switch is bad.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg XCT in TXT-48.jpg (223.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-07-2017, 05:59 PM   #10
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdlebo View Post
Tested green wire right at the micro switch and it goes from 0 to 51.4 when pedal is depressed.
I'm not sure it a TXT-48V has it, but older carts had an inline connector between the cable coming out of pedal box and the carts wiring harness. It caused all sorts of problems.

Anyway, the voltage is good through the pedal switch. Fix the green wire from the pedal switch to Pin-6 and the cart most likely will be running.

Tags
48v, ezgo, solenoid, troubleshoot, txt
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO