lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-26-2017, 03:38 PM   #11
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: I'm afraid new batteries are in my future.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncrr View Post
I'll try that, but I think it's the dash dvm. Reason being is that the Bank voltage goes thru the same switch, on position .8, and it reads correctly, and ALL the low voltage ones are off by about the same amount, go thru the same switch, just different positions 1-6. To me it seems if it was wiring/switch related, the Bank voltage would also be off..

Am I nuts?????
No more nuts than the rest of us in the loony bin.

Granted, the dash DVM is most likely suspect, but while troubleshooting, everybody is guilty until proven innocent.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-27-2017, 09:51 AM   #12
ncrr
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB
Granted, the dash DVM is most likely suspect, but while troubleshooting, everybody is guilty until proven innocent.
Tis the dash DVM..... Measured from the terminals in the back.
Sent a note off to the place it came from https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
explained the error readings, an they are sending a replacement.... Lets see if that one works..... One can hope......
ncrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 11:58 AM   #13
ncrr
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Sent a note off to the place it came from https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
explained the error readings, an they are sending a replacement.... Lets see if that one works..... One can hope......
So much for hope.... Received the new DVM yesterday, and installed it. Readings are the same as the old one. So clearly the meter does not perform well at the lower voltages around 5-6VDC but does OK in the 36-45VDC range. It just does not support all the range as advertised. I will respond back to them, although I do not expect to hear anything.

In order to 'salvage' the install, I put a pair of tip jacks in the panel, along side of the meter, bringing the meter terminals out. That way I can plug the bench DVM into the jacks, and view the individual batteries that way. It also gives me a way to easily test another DVM to see if it will work.

Oh well........
ncrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO