lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-22-2017, 01:10 PM   #21
cdressel
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Stripped armature & gear input shaft

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnripper View Post
Thanks JohnnieB! My mechanic buddy here was asking if the solders on the armature would be damaged by heating up the spine coupler?

From what I can read on the motor I think I see Advanced Motors D.C. Syracuse, NY USA part# 73124G03

ScottyB how are you! 36v I think Curtis stock controller. here is a pic.
Yea eveyone here is surprised that these are the parts that gave out. We are hard on the cart,, stock and rolling over some ruff terrain.. steep inclines, bumpy, muddy, loose gravel. creeks.. etc.. this time we had 4 adults and a kid and we were rolling over a steep little incline and snap! I did notice a month ago that the rear drivers side axle nut was a little loose.. so I checked the wheel..it had not play ... I sinched it then backed it up a bit and put the cotter pin back in. Not sure if that was part of it?
Lawnripper, just a caution. You mentioned that you cinched the rear axle nut and then backed it off to align for the cotter pin. That procedure is not correct.

You should tighten the axle nut to 70 - 140 lb-ft, which allows for cotter pin alignment. If you back the nut off any, you risk destroying the internal splines in the hub.

Chuck
cdressel is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-22-2017, 01:40 PM   #22
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Kit includes- input shaft, both bearings (installed), seal, and o-ring.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 11:32 AM   #23
lawnripper
“I don’t feel tardy”

E-Z-GO

Thanks again guys!
cgtech- I have now heard back from 4 dealers who all claim that this is only the bearing kit. If you have a link to a site that has the shaft included let me know thanks.

I am very confused as to all my options regarding a new motor...

1. my stock motor reads 73124go8 or go3 ??
2. It also says 2500 FLT SPD That is all i can make out on the label.

3. I am considering a complete upgrade with ScottyB. but it depends on cash and time.
4. Which motors can I use that will fit my axle and not have to upgrade solenoid, controller etc..

5.Will this motor be a direct replacement? https://www.amazon.com/Advanced-Golf.../dp/B00JK10AKK

Thanks again everyone!

also thanks cdressel for the input.
lawnripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 11:33 PM   #24
cgtech

Yamaha

99999-JU200-00 is just a bearing, a o-ring and a oil slinger (that "-00" kit is no longer available anyway, replaced by the "-01" kit). 99999-JU200-01 is a whole input shaft ready to install, with a seal. Tomorrow, I will post a pic of the kit, in the box, with part number visible, with all contents visible. I used to use that "-00" kit on every make of Dana cart axle with a input shaft seal leak, the new kit is nicer (and an amazing bargan), but it only helps me with 21 tooth input shaft axles. I know you are skeptical, I would be too, but I been doing this forever. As long as the exact correct part number is ordered, you are good to go. When I realized what a bargain this kit was, I ordered a real big box of them.
Old 03-27-2017, 10:22 AM   #25
cgtech

Yamaha

Here it is..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20170327_081821083.jpg (172.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20170327_081854909.jpg (171.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-27-2017, 10:34 AM   #26
lawnripper
“I don’t feel tardy”

E-Z-GO

I trust you.. but when I go to order and the place says does not include the shaft I am not going to order it from them. I have to time my order to get to a person in the states that is flying down here. It would be a pain in the *** to have the wrong part brought down... I would not be able to return it in time and I would still be sitting here without transport. Where did you order from? Do you have a link you can share?

Thanks again
Old 03-27-2017, 11:46 AM   #27
cgtech

Yamaha

I'm at a yamaha dealer, I order from Yamaha directly. But I do not ship parts, so I can't help you more than I have already. Boats.Net seems to have the kit with the correct part number.
Old 03-27-2017, 12:23 PM   #28
lawnripper
“I don’t feel tardy”

E-Z-GO

Thanks cgtech!!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO