lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-29-2017, 11:27 AM   #1
mcmayber
Not Yet Wild

Cool Accel Pedal Return Spring 2013 RXV

Would a broken accelerator return spring make a cart not work at all? Is there a 'safety' that sees the accelerator pedal is not all the way reset to zero and will not allow the cart to move? I can hear the solenoid changing state. I hear the switch on the accel pedal (mizzo switch? shown in left of second picture) changing state.

The heard the accelerator return spring break while I was driving, I parked the cart, the next day I drove somewhere and stopped, turned the cart off, and it would start again. I removed the accel pedal (unplugging both connections), plugged it all back in and it worked again, drove it for a couple days and it stopped working again. So it's a intermittent problem.

Lastly, where do you find this return spring to order?!? I have searched tons of sites and the only one I see that looks similar to this is part of an accelerator cable assemble. All the accel pedal assemblies don't show it. The spring is hooked onto the frame of the cart, the is a ball and stranded cord that goes inside the spring and attaches to a small cylinder that slides into a bracket on the front shaft of the accel pedal. See pictures.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture1.JPG (61.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (52.1 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by mcmayber; 03-29-2017 at 11:31 AM.. Reason: add pictures
mcmayber is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-29-2017, 02:54 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Accel Pedal Return Spring 2013 RXV

You hit the nail on the head... The Rxv is very picky that the gas & brake pedal are fully seated in their at rest position during the Power on self test when Key is turned on. That spring on top is only present on "golf course fleet vehicles" as far as I have seen. It is not on the ezgo parts breakdown either. You could try holding the gas pedal up with your hand while you turn the key on, to see if that demonstrates this as your issue.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 02:47 PM   #3
mcmayber
Not Yet Wild

Thanks CGtech, Where would a golf course fleet vehicle order such a replacement?
Old 03-31-2017, 02:40 AM   #4
cgtech

Yamaha

I think it's a unofficial ezgo fix for fleets from ezgo. Not totally sure. have dealt with Many, many privately sold Rxv's, never seen one of those springs. Only a few fleet rebuilds, they always have them...
Old 04-01-2017, 02:18 PM   #5
mcmayber
Not Yet Wild

Do you happen to know if there is something I need to reset to see if that was the problem? I pulled the pedal back and opened the battery bank to remove power. It didn't work. So now I'm thinking a reset needs to occur. Not sure if that's is something that even exist.
Old 04-01-2017, 02:44 PM   #6
cgtech

Yamaha

Nope, no "reset" besides turning the key off. If pulling the pedal up while turning key on didn't fix it, pedal was likely not the problem.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO