lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-25-2017, 06:47 AM   #11
Kashmir
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Help! Want to make carts legal on city streets.

Mopeds and scooters will be an "argument" if I need them. Around here mopeds and scooters are allowed on roads with posted speeds over 35 mph.
The above paragraph I quoted from Pleasant Garden is the first I've seen with that type of language (I have 84 city ordinances from across the country for my research)
I think safety does play a part, however from the research I have done, I think it is more about the fuel savings and ease of using a golf car over a regular automobile. Interest has a lot to do with it as well, a city is more likely to adopt an ordinance if there is demand. Which seems to be the case in Pleasant Garden and a number of other cities I have looked into.
I don't think the demand is here so much because it is not something folks even think about. Frankly, before I got my camper, I never even thought about golf carts other than to play golf (which unfortunately I don't do as much as I should anymore).
That does not mean I cannot create the demand. Steve Jobs built Apple by creating devices that you didn't know you needed, but cannot live without...
Kashmir is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-25-2017, 09:09 AM   #12
tece50
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashmir View Post
^^Looks like Pleasant Garden reluctantly passed this ordinance....

First paragraph:

Golf Carts, are not designed or manufactured to be used on public streets, roads and highways, hereinafter “road(s),” and the Town in no way advocates or endorses their operation on roads. The Town, by regulating such operation, is trying to address obvious safety issues, and adoption of this Ordinance is not to be relied upon as a determination that operation on roads is safe or advisable if done in accordance with this Ordinance.
Yea I'm sure they put it in to act as a "disclaimer" in an effort to reduce any liability. I'm just glad it passed!
tece50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 03:43 PM   #13
coach3535
Not Yet Wild

Replacing cart windshield

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
coach3535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 03:44 PM   #14
coach3535
Not Yet Wild

Golf cart windshield

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
coach3535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 06:05 PM   #15
Down South
Growing In Grace

Club Car

Good luck. I hope that you get it in....
Down South is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car