lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-25-2017, 01:49 PM   #1
Gupone
Not Yet Wild

Default Battery Charge Indicator Question.

First, I want to say Hi to everyone as I am new to this forum. I have done some extensive searching on this issue but could not find a clear answer to my issue. Thank you in advance for your help.

I ordered a 48V LED Battery Indicator Meter Gauge for my 2008.5 Club Cart Precedent off Amazon (Yes one of the cheap China Ones). After connecting it to the cart, I could not get the meter to work properly. The LEDs 1,3,5 are lit up and according to the instructions, it indicates an issue. I have used a volt meter to check the full Trojan battery pack voltage and it reads 51 volts, which is normal on a full charge. I also connected my volt meter to the wires used (the ones in the OEM wiring harness) for powering the indicator and it also gave me the same reading of 51 volts.

I have connected my power leads to the positive and negative on the indicator and left the C terminal disconnected. I have tried to connect a positive lead also to the C terminal, but it did not do anything. I have searched this issue on several internet sites and some of the posts say that this type of meter are cheap and dont always work. Some others have said they do not work with Trojan brand batteries.

I have contacted the seller on Amazon but if you all can give me some suggestions, I would appreciate it...
Gupone is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-25-2017, 05:21 PM   #2
Kashmir
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Battery Charge Indicator Question.

Get a digital read out SOC meter. It gives you so much more information and they are really not that pricey for a quality unit.
Scotty has them.
I have these on both of my CC's and would never consider going back to a dial or LED meter.

http://www.cartsunlimited.net/battery-meters.html
Kashmir is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car