lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-11-2017, 01:13 PM   #1
fcsarebel
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Slightly slower after upgrades

I have an 02 DS that I just recently upgraded. I installed Alltrax Sr48500, 2 awg wire, 400 amp solenoid, and a 4" Allsport SS lift with 22" tires. My cart already had D&D high speed motor. Before I started cart ran about 18-20 MPH. After the upgrades it slowed to about 16 MPH. Could the brakes be dragging a little as to slow the cart or is there something else I should check? I know that its a small decrease but I was under the impression that it would be the same if not a little faster with the upgrades. I just want to make sure I have everything adjusted right. I also want to thank the sponsors for their help and time during my build.
fcsarebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-11-2017, 01:34 PM   #2
shaffer88
Gone Wild

Default Re: Slightly slower after upgrades

Brake drag will def hurt speed
shaffer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 01:52 PM   #3
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Sometimes the lift will pull the brake cables tight and cause them to drag a little. Also, you have a speed motor, but when you put bigger tires on you loss torque.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 01:58 PM   #4
RXLuke
Getting Wild

Club Car

Brakes are probably just fine. Did you also replace the f/r switch and solenoid with high amperage HD versions?

By adding the lift kit and much larger, heavier tires, you are asking for way more amps from the engine to get the cart rolling. Additionally, you need more amps to keep it rolling with larger more off-road type tires because of the friction they create. If you did not replace the stock solenoid or f/r switch, you may have created a bottleneck at those locations. Your system is starving for more amps, but they only trickle through the stock parts, leaving your performance after such upgrades somewhat lacking.

Lastly, did you program the controller yourself or did the company you ordered it from? If not programmed correctly, you could have it dialed in for lots of torque and not so much speed.
RXLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 02:39 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Tires could be under-inflated which causes increased drag and the battery pack could be struggling to keep up with the new draw
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 05:06 PM   #6
fcsarebel
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I replaced the f n r switch. The controller came programmed. I will have to hook to thw controller to check it out. Thanks for the ideas of things to check.
fcsarebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 08:35 PM   #7
Night life
Gone Wild

Club Car

You went from stock tire height to 22"?

If so, something is definitely wrong. You should have gained top end, and with a new controller gained torque. Possibly your controller has a limit set or the wrong pole speed sensor is selected.
Night life is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car