lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-27-2017, 07:35 PM   #1
Schnepper1
Not Yet Wild

Smile Need wiring help for Albright SW180 Solenoid

Hello there! I've recently upgraded my 1997 Club Car DS motor and controller to a 500 amp EMP motor and 500 amp GE controller. I was told I had to install a heavy duty solenoid, so I purchased an Albright SW180 solenoid. I opened the box and to my surprise there wasn't a wire diagram! I've searched everywhere on the internet and nothing.
There are 4 spade terminals on the side of the solenoid. I have 4 wires to connect.
The orange/white, red/white, and blue wires were all on the same small post on old solenoid.
The other small post had the blue/white wire.

What wire do I put on what spade terminal? Thanks for any help
Schnepper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-27-2017, 11:02 PM   #2
transfixer
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Need wiring help for Albright SW180 Solenoid

My wire colors were different on my 99 DS, there is a wiring diagram sticky at the beginning of the CC page, figure out which one your cart is and go by the diagram, the small wires that went to the positive small post terminal will now go to the positive spade terminal, you'll have to cut the ends and install female spade connectors, if you have a diode supplied with the solenoid , it will go on the back two spade terminals, the attached picture is from ScottyB's page on solenoids, he has some helpful info there as well .
Attached Images
File Type: png 138a9421a0055549aa86cfc8c9887011.png (115.4 KB, 0 views)
transfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 05:34 AM   #3
Schnepper1
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the reply Transfixer! So I'll need to figure out which wires are + or - before throwing on spade terminals... I'll checkout ScottyB's page. Thanks for the diagram and lead.
Schnepper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 07:21 AM   #4
1sharphook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnepper1 View Post
I've searched everywhere on the internet and nothing.
The information is available on the Albright website. Cheap chinese junk copies may not apply here.
Old 08-25-2020, 08:32 PM   #5
Jonmullen
Not Yet Wild

I have a similar question but my sw180 didn’t come with a diode. Do I need to get one? I have attached pics of the old and new and I’m a little lost...
Jonmullen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2022, 08:51 PM   #6
sjm1978
Not Yet Wild

posted to wrong thread
sjm1978 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
spade terminals - wires?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car