lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-07-2020, 10:37 AM   #21
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO RXV stops after hill descent

Quote:
Originally Posted by markp63698 View Post
I appreciate your taking the time to respond with your incredible insights and yes, I am now fed up enough to want to reprogram the controller. My Curtis handheld is a 'dealer' level device so useless in this case. Most of my past reluctance is due the nearest EZGO dealer is more than an hour away and they have been worthless on providing the kind of insights you guys have. As you can see in the earlier in this thread, their response was to send me a new brake!? Yet, I may need them to help me with a future service issue.

Bob, you kindly offered to help in the past.... Are you still willing?
You may want to send a PM to usgicollector. He collects the contact information from members, and helps me to schedule these trips.

It sounds like you need a new Curtis handheld with higher level. I tend to carry a few of them with me as I travel. LOL

Next week I will be travelling through eastern NC and SC, then on down to S FL on the east side, cross the state to the west side, then north, west a little bit, then back north to GA before heading back to TN. A day or two ahead of that trip, I may be doing a short trip to NW TN and back. That one depends upon if we can get it scheduled in time before the other trip I mentioned

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-14-2020, 10:29 AM   #22
markp63698
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Hey Bob,

Thanks for coming my way to make the changes you posted earlier. Thought I would report back today after going down our hill following a full overnight charge.

I put a voltmeter across the batteries to watch for the dreaded automatic braking at 72v. I went down the 1/3 mile hill pretty hard (6 to 8 mph?). During the descent, the power went to the resistor initially at 63 volts as you set and immediately dropped to ~55v until resistor cycled off. Over the next few minutes the resistor came on at 66v to 67v I guess due to the resistor time-on and time-off settings. Never got above 67v and no shutdown/braking. The resistor and heat guard does get hot so I will install some sheet metal to protect the seat just above the resistor. I will also look for a fan that I can perhaps power from across the resistor. Also, there is no way I can reinstall the thermal cutoff on the heat guard.

Many thanks!
markp63698 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 05:59 AM   #23
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Hey Bob,

Thanks for coming my way to make the changes you posted earlier. Thought I would report back today after going down our hill following a full overnight charge.

I put a voltmeter across the batteries to watch for the dreaded automatic braking at 72v. I went down the 1/3 mile hill pretty hard (6 to 8 mph?). During the descent, the power went to the resistor initially at 63 volts as you set and immediately dropped to ~55v until resistor cycled off. Over the next few minutes the resistor came on at 66v to 67v I guess due to the resistor time-on and time-off settings. Never got above 67v and no shutdown/braking. The resistor and heat guard does get hot so I will install some sheet metal to protect the seat just above the resistor. I will also look for a fan that I can perhaps power from across the resistor. Also, there is no way I can reinstall the thermal cutoff on the heat guard.

Many thanks!

I finally made it to Lakeland FL!

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 11:28 AM   #24
markp63698
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thought I would share that now my EZGO dealer provided a dual resistor retrofit kit for $300. Have not installed it yet but long overdue solution.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 714D454F-9187-4462-8C3F-518B794543BA.jpeg (147.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-17-2021, 01:52 PM   #25
loungesong
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Thought I would share that now my EZGO dealer provided a dual resistor retrofit kit for $300. Have not installed it yet but long overdue solution.
Hi,

I am having this exact same issue with my 2017 RXV Fleet. Same length hill, same 4-5 minutes to let the resistor cool down before I can unlock the brake.

Could you give me the name of the dealer and part number so I can contact them? I am getting conflicting information from EZGO and my local shop.

Thanks!
loungesong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 02:53 PM   #26
markp63698
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Look at the this thread and I posted a picture of the parts list for the 2nd resistor kit just before your post. $300 from my EZGO Dealer in Seneca, SC....R&R Golf carts and ask for Rodney. (864) 888-1717. This has been a pain in the a$$.
Old 03-25-2022, 02:22 PM   #27
halemeister
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Look at the this thread and I posted a picture of the parts list for the 2nd resistor kit just before your post. $300 from my EZGO Dealer in Seneca, SC....R&R Golf carts and ask for Rodney. (864) 888-1717. This has been a pain in the a$$.
Did this dual resistor setup fix your issues?
halemeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO